• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Is there an open world in your favourite gaming series?

Open worlds have risen to prominence in the last few years and many franchises are embracing the scale and freedoms seen in the likes of Assassin's Creed and Breath of the Wild.

Not every gaming series has or even can go open world, but have any of your favourite gaming franchises adopted the new hotness that is the modern interpretation of open world design?

Sheikah_Witch

I just really like botw
Zelda has BotW, yes. Adopted and knocked it out of the goddamn park.

Final Fantasy has XV, yes. I quite like their take on it, everything in quests etc is rooted in the combat, but the combat is so dang satisfying that I don't mind. I also like how it's centered around traveling with the car while just chilling out with some music. And the camping is great too, really adds a kind of road trip feel to the experience.

Metroid no, though it would be cool to have one in a future, experimental title.

Life is Strange, no. Don't think it'd work here.

In a future Persona would be neat to have an open world city a lá GTA.

twilitfalchion

and thus comes the end of an era
Staff member
Zelda has had a couple of open worlds, WW and BotW, and I think both of those are the best games in the series.

Fire Emblem, no. The type of game FE is just wouldn't mesh well with an open-world format, I don't think.

Trails, kind of? I mean, the worlds are interconnected, but it's kind of like TP, OoT, and MM where you transition from certain locations to others rather than there being no loading in between zones.

thePlinko

What’s the character limit on this? Aksnfiskwjfjsk
ZD Legend
I always considered the majority of the Zelda franchise to be open world, but apparently they weren’t “real” open worlds so BotW I guess.

Mario odyssey is a semi open world, and I think it’s amazing. I love Galaxy to death, but I fully think that odyssey is the better game.

Pokemon would be great as an open world game, if only GameFreak wasn’t a lazy PoS.

Dizzi

magical internet cat....
ZD Legend
Ummn i think yall gonna guess mine...leave some space for yall to guess...

Dragon quest builders!!

Quin

Disaster Master
The only zelda games I would really consider to be in the open world genre are Zelda 1 and BOTW ofcourse. The rest not so much.
I don't consider MHW to be an open world game, so other than zelda, not really I guess. And honestly I'm glad for that. Not all series need one, although I'm glad Zelda did.

Princess Niki

Allons-y
Staff member
First favorite not yet but maybe someday when new leadership is in charge, come on Game Freak give us need blood.

Second favorite on the other hand yes it does and that would be Breath of the Wild and I had a good time wandering Hyrule in that game.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom