• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Breath of the Wild Is there an in-universe explanation for teleporting in BotW?

Sorry if this is a dumb question. But is it supposed to be a function of the Sheikah Slate, Link's magic or something?

Been a while since I played and I wouldn't be shocked if I missed relevent lore so take this with a handful of salt. Based on it being teleporting to Sheikah towers from the Sheikah plate, it appears that it is entirely related to their technology. As for what allows them to do that, I don't think it goes any deeper than Nintendo basically hoping you want look deeper and just accept that it works.

Chevywolf30

The one and only.
Forum Volunteer
The same thing bothered me with the teleporting in TP. Midna can somehow access the Twilight or whatever from anywhere but can leave only at the portals. More so with the Sheikah slate, like it can just teleport you from anywhere to a specific location? It would feel more natural if you could only teleport from shrine to shrine imo.

Mikey the Moblin

if I had a nickel for every time I ran out of spac
The same thing bothered me with the teleporting in TP. Midna can somehow access the Twilight or whatever from anywhere but can leave only at the portals. More so with the Sheikah slate, like it can just teleport you from anywhere to a specific location? It would feel more natural if you could only teleport from shrine to shrine imo.
In both cases you have a small piece of said technology with you allowing you to access the teleportation from your current location which is functioning as one of the set warp points. As soon as you leave though that warp point is not longer there

That's right I'm defending tp from the shameless tp defender

You can only teleport somewhere powered by Sheikah technology, like a shrine or a tower.

What gives the Sheikah slate teleportation? Same thing that allows Link to carry 999 apples at once.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom