• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Is The Wii U Worth It Yet?

BoxTar

i got bored and posted something
I've got a question for all you. I've been bouncing back and forth inside my head the idea of getting a Wii U. I'm wondering: is it worth it yet?

By this, I mean, are there any REALLY good games on it that I just HAVE to have right now? The Wii U still costs, I believe, somewhere around $300-$350 right now. Dats a loooot of mah moneys. Factor in the 50 dollars or so game and thats about $400 down on just one game to play! I'm not made of that money, unfortunately :(

What I have done with most of the consoles is wait for the new one to come out, thus watching the worth of the old ones fall a bit. For example, instead of getting a PS4 this Christmas, I'm getting a PS3, with GTA V, Infamous, LA Noire, and Little big Planet 2 (seemed like the better option). I have always felt that the wait was better. It was cost efficient, plus I could get a ton of good games at once, rather than waiting months for them to release.

But am I wrong with the Wii U? Is it worth the price tag? I'd love to hear some opinions on this. This isn't if it is worth it at a later date: Is it worth buying it RIGHT NOW?

ihateghirahim

The Fierce Deity
I'd say yeah. (you can get the 8gig version for 250 at Gamestop, and maybe even the deluxe for that price online) You got Pikmin 3, Monster Hunter Tri, Batman AC and AO, NSMBU, SM3D World, CoD BOII and Ghosts, Darksiders II, ACIII and IV, WWHD, even Splinter Cell. There's also the future of Super Smash Bros, Mario Kart, Zelda, Donkey Kong, and others you'll want to be ready for. I'd also expect the Activision to continue its policy of porting CoD games. Overall, with what the console has and will have, I'd get it.

DarkestLink

Darkest of all Dark Links
I doubt it's gonna get another price cut, so there's no point in waiting. It's better to get it now and enjoy the games one by one, rather than get it later and rush through all the games in your eagerness to play the next.

CraptainFalcon

Bored to death
There are no games on it, so no. Same problem with the PS4. Also, what the hell's wrong with the freakin' price?

It's worth the money. Sure there isn't much of a game selection (not like the selection's any better on the Xbone or PS4), but there are still some games you should get. I recommend getting Pikmin 3, SM3DW, & WWHD (along with the games other people mentioned). Next year should be a good year for the Wii U since there's big titles like SSB4 coming out. So yeah, the Wii U's definitely worth the $350.

If you're looking to pick up a next gen system this holiday season, the Wii U is your system bet. But if you're content with what you have now, I'd hold out for a few months more until big hitters like Mario Kart 8 and Super Smash Bros. 4 arrive. The system is currently not much more than Mario galore.

BoxTar

i got bored and posted something
There are no games on it, so no. Same problem with the PS4. Also, what the hell's wrong with the freakin' price?

I'm mildly poor, thats the problem :I

All good points, and its not really a comparison to the PS4 or the XBox One, those all have a similar issue. Hell, its even worse on those consoles because they JUST came out, rather than the Wii U, which has been out for several months.

All good input, I'll definitely think about it. It may be the next console I get. We'll see... :p

CraptainFalcon

Bored to death
I'm mildly poor, thats the problem :I

All good points, and its not really a comparison to the PS4 or the XBox One, those all have a similar issue. Hell, its even worse on those consoles because they JUST came out, rather than the Wii U, which has been out for several months.

All good input, I'll definitely think about it. It may be the next console I get. We'll see... :p

Same here! The freakin' Wii U is so expensive for a console with nothing at the moment. If there were more good games on it then I'd consider getting a Wii U, but right now my console is the PS4. Mostly cause I'm a Sony fanboy.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
It's not worth it yet. The only must play title is Super Mario 3D World. Everything else is either forgettable or has a better version on PS3/360 or will have a better version on PS4/X1.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom