• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Ocarina of Time Is the Water Temple Really That Bad?

How hard was the water temple on your first time?

• Easy

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Pretty challenging

• Very challenging

• *Sobs uncontrollably*

• Total voters
T

theanimator

The only reason I had trouble was that I didn't realize that I could float up in one spot *facepalm*. Other than that I never really saw why people carry on about it so much. Also dark link was very easy for me, as I realized about 10 seconds into the battle that I could hit him with the hammer :P. I did have some trouble with Morpha, because I would stand too close to the water when I pulled it out, and it would fall back in.

F

FierceDeityDeku

People complain that the Water Temple has too many keys. It has 5. So does the Forest Temple, and the Fire Temple has 6. In my opinion, the WT is the best in the game.

L

lucasnator

I could not get the Zeldas lulluby to work. so it took me a week to get it to work and then it was still pretty hard.

H

HyperKnux

Yes, the first time i went through the water temple I was 8 I think. back then, it was EXTREMELY difficult. i would have to beg my big bro for help... But now that I'm 13, the water temple is a breeze. And also two things, 1:this is just my opinion that they made dark link WAY too easy in the 3d version.. 2:I tried master quest for the first time a month ago and i have to say that i was very shocked and dissapointed with the easiness of the water temple:(

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
It wasn't as hard for me as most people would say it was. My friend told me the "Water Temple's a *****"(not kidding, he really said that), but it wasn't as hard as all that. The only things that really tripped me up was searching for all the small keys and Dark Link. The rest of the dungeon wasn't as bad as all that.

I was heading down the section that leads to the big key. I only had one door between me and it...and it was locked...and I didn't have the key...and the only other chest left was all the way back in the main room. Son of a...

Fede-hime

All about the treasure
I ended up wandering aimlessly going, "Where's that key? I know it's SOMEWHERE" for hours. No matter how many times I play OoT it's always the same when I reach the Water Temple: "Where's that fugging key at?!" And eventually: "Oh shizz Dark Link!" 'Cause I always forget that you can win easily against him if you use Din's Fire and the Megaton Hammer. I die several times in my fight against him. Then I get to Morpha and I'm like, "Fer serious? This it; the boss? I get to fight a jellyfish in a puddle. Oooooh, scaaaaaary."(Yes I know Morpha is an amoeba and not a jellyfish. But that's what I thought it was the first time I saw it.)

So yeah, the Water Temple was hard and annoying for me. Filled with pain and Link-death. =_=

It was quite easy. The only bit I struggled with was that I didn't know to swim up in the room where you meet Ruto. Other than that, all you need to do is check the openings systematically.

It was pretty easy. Of course, I used a walkthrough. Probably the hardest part for me was either A. Raising the waters the final time or B. Dying, then getting lost trying to get back on track.

Ruby Link

He who started the fire
Eh... I didn't find it that hard, it is the hardest temple in the game I'll give it that, but its nothing but a bunch of puzzles that might have you stumped the first time you play it. I found it fairly easy, but thats just my opinion.

Last edited:
L

lucasnator

For Those Who Thought the Water Temple Was Hard Atleast One Time.

I dont know about you but the hardness of the Water Temple when i first played it made the boss seem lame. it took me about a week to beat it the first time. and then i beat the boss in like 10 minutes. so the Boss was very dissapointing.

C

Caleb, Of Asui

The Water Temple was never nearly as hard as people like to make it out to be. It was really rather straightforward. It does take a slightly different kind of thinking to manage the water level, but it's not harder than saying "okay, I want to get to this part of the dungeon, so how do I get the water to a level from which I can access that part of the dungeon, and where is the path to the thing that gets the water level to where I need it to be?" It's really not that hard to find and remember where to go to change the water level and what water level that gives you and all the implications of each water level. It mostly just applies to the main room, anyways. Just make sure you cover each side path and you're good.

I'd say that the Great Bay Temple in Majora's Mask was way harder, because it requires you to use the water in a far more complex manner. You change the flow of water throughout nearly the entire dungeon rather than the level of water in the main room, which is much harder to translate into where you're able to go because it doesn't line up with the floors on the map, and the contraptions that change the flow of water are much more tricky to find and more confusing and complex to use.

N

NathanSalsa

Honestly, the water temple was extremely easy for me, I don't know why people say it so hard, when really all you have to do is think a little.

Ballad of Gales

The wind is mine!
The Water Temple was never nearly as hard as people like to make it out to be. It was really rather straightforward. It does take a slightly different kind of thinking to manage the water level, but it's not harder than saying "okay, I want to get to this part of the dungeon, so how do I get the water to a level from which I can access that part of the dungeon, and where is the path to the thing that gets the water level to where I need it to be?" It's really not that hard to find and remember where to go to change the water level and what water level that gives you and all the implications of each water level. It mostly just applies to the main room, anyways. Just make sure you cover each side path and you're good.

I'd say that the Great Bay Temple in Majora's Mask was way harder, because it requires you to use the water in a far more complex manner. You change the flow of water throughout nearly the entire dungeon rather than the level of water in the main room, which is much harder to translate into where you're able to go because it doesn't line up with the floors on the map, and the contraptions that change the flow of water are much more tricky to find and more confusing and complex to use.

I agree 100% with you!
Really, the Great Bay Temple is DIFFICULT... well at least it was more difficult than the water temple.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom