• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Ocarina of Time Is the Water Temple in Oot Annoying?

Ghosi

Schmetterling
I found it challenging because I had to change the water levels all the time because I kept missing some keys! It was Hard!

Shnappy

derp
The Water Temple is only annoying to one who doesn't like solving puzzles. I kind of have a knack for that, so I found it quite entertaining. It is often discussed as being the hardest dungeon of any Zelda game; however, I didn't find it as hard as a few dungeons such as the Great Bay Temple of MM, which I found to be quite annoying, but really entertaining once I got the hang of it. The Water Temple isn't really the kind of dungeon that I had to spend 5 hours on, because the puzzles in it were not overly confusing. But, it was hard enough that I was pretty much zoned in to the game and I had a great sense of accomplishment once I completed it. But, for what seems to be the majority of people out there, that don't particularly enjoy challenging puzzles, I could see it being quite a difficult and annoying dungeon.

Master Sword13

thatjoshoverthere
(7 pages? Wow...) Back on subject, I found the Water Temple not challenging itself, just the fact that you needed to switch between the two boots. (Kokiri and Iron.) I sometimes thought however that some of the things they put in the Water Temple were just to bug us, mocking and annoying us for being able to make it that far in the game.

M

matersword

i think it is super annoying but they give you a break with the boss

J

JStraitiff

Yea, it annoys me sometimes. You lose track of the floors and rooms and end up in the same one over and over again. But It is challenging which is nice.

I hate that dungeon. Unless you know exactly what you have to do it is soooooo annoying. But it does have dark link in it so that makes up for it. The boss is a let down though unless you hate to be challenged.

It's not hard for me anymore, but it is still annoying.

Having to keep changing in and out of the iron boots.

navi_the_fairy

Spirit of the Forest
I think the Water Temple was just one giant annoyance. Constantly switching boots really got on my nerves. Also, you miss 1 small key and you have to change the water level a bunch of times to get to it, which happened to me quite often since there were so many keys. It wasn't HORRIBLE after you get the longshot, but before that I couldn't stand it.

S

spike772000

I am playing through OOT for the first time and I just completed the water temple tonight. I did play through TP before this game and man switching to the iron boots was such a pain. In TP its a button bam you are done fast and easy. It was adding to my frustration level. I though at times it wasn't the easiest to control link when he was swimming and had to change to the iron boots too much. I am just glad I got that temple out of the way. One last note what was with that boss, he was too easy. I had a harder time with shadow link than I did with the dungeon boss. I guess that is nintendo saying here is a freebie for putting up with all the bull**** you had to go through in this dungeon. Man you think the game testers back then would of made a suggestion to make the boots easier to turn on and off. Sorry for ranting so long!

00steven

Yeah, that's right!
Oh yeah, it's annoying allright! But I still love the Water Temple. It's extremely challenging (which many games aren't anymore), has a cool atmosphere, and has a fun boss.

Z

ZeldaNut

The Water Temple was challenging, but not too hard. I beat it without help, and it only took a few hours, spread out over a couple days I think, just like the other temples.

I always asked myself, "Now that I've done this part, what can I do now?" And usually I can find an answer to that pretty quickly. Once you find the 3 places where you can change the water level, it was just a matter of putting the water level where you needed it to be. The part where you have to move that block in a narrow passage, then approach the block from a completely different direction much later was pretty hard. But that's about it. Easiest boss in the whole game.

I think the Water Temple in OoT is quite challenging. The first time I played through it I wanted to cry. I think it's hard because of the water level changing and the fact that you could easily be disoriented. Also, there were a ton of small keys, which is quite annoying if you don't know where they're at. Also, in my opinion, Dark Link is the hardest boss/sub-boss/enemy in the entire game... I've played through OoT a ton of times, but Dark Link can still kick my sorry butt.

Volvagia

Gentlemanly Lava Dragon
I really loved this temple.

I thought that is was a difficult dungeon, though it really didn't live up to the hype for me. I went into that temple hearing all sorts of people telling me how hard it was, when in reality, it was just sort of confusing at times. Switching to the iron boots, really wasn't that annoying, and i really liked the design of the temple in general. The boss fights were absolutely fantastic, the music was great, and the puzzles were well thought out. The only thing that I really had a problem with was my first try at beating Dark Link, though it's still one of my favorite boss fights in the series.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom