• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Ocarina of Time Is the Water Temple in Oot Annoying?

Hylian Knight

Green Armored Menace
Yes, I know OoT like the back of my hand and yet I if still forget to the dungeon map at the beginning after you meet Ruto navigating gets really annoying and the boss was really easy and used no guides or walkthroughs.

David

But you called me here...
I really liked the Water Temple. But it annoyed me so much that I forgot to get a key right before you get the big key. I was really upset. But the Water Temple was one of my favorite temples.

benjibibbles

Disastrous Waffle Person
Didn't take me longer than the other temples. After all the people badmouthing it my biggest challenge was finding the motivation to take it on.

for me, not really. i have a good memory and can remember where all of the keys are when i need to. with that being said, it's actually one of my favorite dungeons in OoT. i really thought changing the water level was cool and i liked how it had one huge hub room for the whole dungeon. when i went in, i was expecting the hardest dungeon ever due to it's reputation, but what i got was one of my favorite dungeons in the game.

Dabombster

Do the thing
Site Staff
I actually enjoyed the Water Temple quite a bit. Changing the water level to get about the dungeon was a nice feature that I'm glad Nintendo took advantage of. I suppose it could be annoying to you if you forgot a key somewhere, but if that was the case it was really your own fault that it was annoying. :) In fact, I think the temple that annoyed me the most was the Forest Temple, but that's likely because I don't do it right the first time and end up backtracking a few times through the dungeon to get all the keys I need to complete it.

So in response to the OP's question; no, I did not find the water temple annoying whatsoever.

Twilight

Storming Twilight
The... Water Temple? >.< I almost got insane going through that temple. It was incredible hard. I almost throwed my game on the ground when I noticed I only had a heart left and had to go back to buy potions:mad:!! I got very stuck there. I needed the help of walkthroughs, but still were stuck there for a good four days. :eek:carina:

S

ScaryMunky

I think it annoys most people because there is a lot of time devoted to back-tracking and pausing to switch between boots. It's essentially just some hallways extending from a central room that you have to come back to time and time again, so you don't really get the feeling of "advancing" through the dungeon as you do with other temples.

Personally I'm very fond of the Water Temple, because it's one of the most recognized and mentioned things about the game, even if it is often in a negative light. My nostalgia sensors kick up a notch when I enter that place. :P

M

Mujura

I used the ZDungeon walkthrough, so it wasn't too hard. I think that it is weird that most people say that switching from iron boots to kokiri boots is annoying. It was really simple for me.

benjibibbles

Disastrous Waffle Person
The biggest problem is losing track of the dungeon. There's usually no problem if you do it all in one go or quit at the right time. If you're going to save and quit then you should do it after completing a specific section.

Poké!

√∞ⁿ
It was fun to go through. A pain, but it was fun to go through for me.

It was fun to go through. A pain, but it was fun to go through for me.

B

Brother Darunia

For me, I think this is the hardest temple I have ever seen in a Zelda Game. 1.- The entire temple is a puzzle. 2.- The damn switching of items. 3.- What you think was imposible becomes possible... Why? This temple puts you brain to the test. And last but not least... 4.- Bescause I'm a Goron, I can't swim because I'm gonna sink.

Peace Of Heart

Piece of Heart Collector
I can be very biased in two areas while gaming:

1. Machinery
2. And water.

Since the Water temple in OoT was just a giant swimming pool, it didn't really catch my interest. Sometimes it was just boring.

Ahhh but how I love the great Bay, and Lakebed Temples! When water and machinery work together like they do in both of these temples it just melts my heart lol. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom