• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Ocarina of Time Is the Water Temple in Oot Annoying?

SavageWizzrobe

Eating Link since 1987
Water Temple? Annoying? Not really, but it is challenging. It's quite easy to get lost because every passageway looks identical. Sure, it's tedious to keep switching boots, but that's the first time it was really implemented, so it's forgivable. I enjoy the temple's difficulty, yet I can see why others would hate it.

mewtwolord

Hello World
It was a little annoying because almost the whole place looked the same which caused going into rooms that you didn't want to go in and switching boots on was annoying ಠ_ಠ this is the expression I made.

Mr.Verto

爆発物マネージャ
YES ITS ANNOYING I WAS IN THAT TEMPLE LIKE A FREAKING WEEK i couldnt find a freaking key not even with the freaking compass and the freaking map which made me lost my way over and over... I HATE WATER TEMPLES.... i guess its okay since i took a color test and it told me i was green and my enemies were blue like freaking water and black (i guess the shadow temple was tough) and the forest temple was easy OMG O_O

It's not as annoying as much as it's vastly open. It's a kinda non-linear dungeon. Well, the first part that is. So, you gotta get 3 keys and you can get them in pretty much any order you want, however, they're scattered throughout the entire dungeon and it's a pretty huge dungeon with 3 floors and 3 different water levels so in a sense 9 floors that you have to explore and you probably have already gotten one of the keys and don't know it, so you end up double checking a key and never checking another.

Another bad thing about it is that the Iron Boots, as Nintendo have said, are broken. They should have been an item as they have said numerous times as each time you use them, you press start, go to the equipment subscreen, put them on, go use them, (which is normally for about 2 minutes at the most) then do the process again to take them off, then do it again countless times. If they were an item in this dungeon the stress and annoyance would significantly be lowered.

However, I like the first point. For me, it's a good thing, it really brings out the exploration level that Zelda is meant to be known for. It raises the difficulty of the dungeon, although some people think that it's a bad thing because it's TOO difficult. It's not difficult as much as it's time consuming and people nowadays are lazy. C'mon, admit it, I know I am. Water Temple in OoT is one of my favorite dungeons to date. I know people are going off about how they hate water-based dungeons, but for me, they're one of my favorites because they're the hardest.

Chilfo Freeze

Emma Jean Stone
The Water Temple in OoT wasn't so much annoying as it was confusing. The whole idea of raising and lowering the water levels, switching boots to sink and float to places, and getting to rooms where you need the longshot but don't have it yet... okay I guess it is annoying when I put it that way.

The first time I played it-confusing. I had no idea where to go once I got into the temple. But once I completed that certain temple a few times, I got the patterns down. For a first-timer. Its like living hell.

H

Hokaru

Man, I always hear a lot about this dungeon... I remember I first got to it on my own and asked my friend for the guide because she had it. After going through it once with the guide's assistance, it never troubled me again. Maybe it's cause I've played the game a lot of times, but I must agree, the most annoying thing is definitely having to switch boots. It's not like the menu comes up at turbo speed or there's a button command for it u__u
But after you get the pattern and flow down, it's no problem! Or at least, that's how I see it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Every time I play it through i always forget that little room underneath the tower in the middle.and the music gets annoying after running around the temple for 2 hours.

I didn't think it was very annoying. I actually thought this temple was pretty fun. The first time I played the game, it took me at least 3 hours to complete it, just because I couldn't find a single key. But later times I Played it, I learned the layout, and actually had fun doing this. Even though I still got lost, I never got angry that I was lost, but took my time, and found my way through.

Probably the most annoying part is the fact that the boss is so easy.

MOTLEYlink

...No your other left
Every one has different views on this topic, although most tend to lean toward hate for the water temple in OOT. I havent played OOT in a long time, but from what I remember the water temple was difficult. That being said I don't see it as being any more annoying than any of the other water temples in the series. They are all set up kinda funny.

And on the topic of changing the boots it got kind of annoying switching through the menu and stuff but If thats your biggest problem with a game then the developers did something rite! :D

X

xX-SuBhUmAn-Xx

This may shock some people but i think the Water Temple is really easy <.< i can beat it in about an hour without any problems i really liked it xD but on my first playthrough, i cant say the same D:

S

Saria

I'd say it's more confusing than annoying, as the only thing that really annoyed me was the shellblades. It's difficult, but I didn't think it was as bad as so many people say it is. Parts of it were really fun, like the Dark Link battle (Megaton Hammer ftw), the waterfall where you have to hookshot your way up, and playing around with the longshot.

The first I played through it I found it incredibly confusing and annoying. It took me a few days to get anywhere in the dungeon, so at the height of my frustration, I grabbed the manual and finished the dungeon after a couple hours.

H

honeyrocks81

The iron boots was the thing that annoyed me. It was all worth it for Shadow Link though (:<

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom