• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Ocarina of Time Is the Water Temple in Oot Annoying?

S

Stilt-Man

I almost feel left out about the Water Temple. It didn't give me even the slightest of headaches -- I honestly don't see what all the fuss is about. I thought it was very creative and challenging, but not a nigh-impossible frustration.

R

rilo007

:(i lost my zora armor to the like like so i quit for awhile but then i came back and overall it was pretty hard

I

Iron Knuckle

When i first played the game, i thought i wasted a key somewhere, but after like a month i figured out how to pass it, now it's just plain easy :P

B

boomerang

funny, its the first time I played it and I thought it was easy of the temples so far. & I didn't find it annoying at all. I don't think its near as annoying as any temple with keese in it.
though I would've liked to have been able to use your sword and stuff underwater. why can't you use items (Except hookshot) underwater? and maybe some more cooler enemies underwater like sharks and stuff.

At first glance, the water temple looks the same!
Every door, lined up with each other on every floor! It's kind of tricky to know where to go sometimes. If I played OoT today, I'd find it a little difficult.

But again, like McBlizzy said, it's very unique. Come on, give it a rest about the boots. What do you expect right? Link is a human. (not like an actual Zora in MM which was amazing)

The direction is hard to follow, which people hate about it but at the same time, that's what people like about it. People like a challenging temple.

As an impatient little child (like i was) I didn't like it. But now, I find it enjoyable.

P

pianomancuber

Well, when I first played it I was something like 10 or 11 so I guess it goes without saying that I wasn't "all there" mentally. It took me months to find the key one story up from where you meet Ruto, with the bombable wall.

I

I love OoT

Ive done a blind run through it before and it was lost at one point but other than that i had fun during it, but when i used a walkthrough i was annoyed by the constant switching of boots

The first couple times I played it, I hated this Temple just like everyone else... but I've been through it twice and I'm about to go through it a third time for my 3 Heart Challenge, and I feel pretty confident in knowing where all the hidden keys are to actually progress through. The one thing I do hate about this Temple is switching boots, but that's acceptable seeing as how this was already a revolutionary system, so making the game had to have been completely experimental. Luckily they were able to fix little errors like boot-switching to make it more fluid in later games, otherwise I'd have been completely thrown off.

lilwilly

Swordless Link
no just boring tiring and a little bit annoying due having to change your boots ever minute or 2

cmeks

A lonely wanderer
The water temple proves to be a fun challenge. If you didnt have a guide (like i didnt) you were usually stuck going through every corridor 3 times over to get the 1 key you somehow missed. Once you do the water temple your first time it becomes a lot easier your second time around but when i played master quest on the water temple it provided a whole new challenge for me and i enjoyed it alot! All in all, yes, the water temple is hard on both the regular game and Master Quest.

LozzyKate

Ask Me Why I Love The Photoshops
I wouldn't say that the Water Temple is annoying. I think that it's challenging, fun, and frustrating. It is a major challenge since there are many rooms and whatnot in the temple. It basically like a giant puzzle, you have to fit all the pieces together. There are some fun parts when you're actually managing to progress through the temple. Then, there's the fritrating part. I can tell you that for the many times that I've played the game, I still get a little lost and confused when I'm in the Water Temple. I think that the switching of boots can get a little repetitive and annoying, but the whole temple isn't completely annoying. The temple has its moments.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom