• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Majora's Mask Is the VC Version Stable?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have played Majora's Mask on the Collector's Edition a few times, and, like many others, have encountered the freezing. I'm growing impatient with it. So, I'd like to know if the Wii Virtual Console version is stable and if I'll encounter any problems with it. I don't want to spend $10 to get the same problems, y'know?

Phantom Zelda

Mostly Harmless
From my experience with it it is fine. I haven't beaten it but so far I've had no problems. It's a great game and the VC version seems perfect. But I'd also like to hear if someone else has had problems with it, as I have it :P

Xinnamin

Mrs. Austin
The Collector's Edition is the only version of MM known to have any problems, mostly due to issues when the game was ported. The VC version should have no issues.

Brandikins

Airbending Slice!
I do know that Majora's Mask on the GCN freezes often, I have it. There are also some other glitches, mainly a lot of lagging (mostly in Clock Town, though). Also, it's common to hear choppy sound while walking through a door if the music doesn't stop while going through. This is because the game uses a lot of RAM and it is emulated instead of being a direct port. Although, it has been confirmed that the game freezes less if you have the Rumble Feature turned off. I played through it again recently while doing this and it helped a lot.

The VC version, I've heard mixed things about it. Some say it does freeze like the other one, others say the problems are not present on it. Although Clock Town lags a lot on the GCN version, and if it doesn't lag on the VC version, then it probably won't freeze a lot.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom