• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

WW-Wii U Is the Upcoming WW HD Release Making You Replay the Game Before It's Released?

Hi lads,

I just wondered whether any of you will replay the Wind Waker before its upcoming re-release in fall and if so, for what reason. I personally have never been very fond of the game and therefore haven't played it in a while, but the "hype" as you might call it about this game right now does trigger some nervousness in my gamer fingers and makes me want to play it right now. It just also makes me think: will it make me appreciate WW HD less because I just recently played through the whole story again (as there is no major story change to be expected) or will it help me look at some details since I still have fresh memories of the game. What do you think?

Best,

OG

No, I won't replay The Wind Waker prior to its HD remake. I haven't played said game in over a year; entering with the minor details of Link's voyage across the Great Sea forgotten or waiting to be unlocked once more will come closer to replicating the original experience ensuring I receive maximum enjoyment from the Wii U game.

snakeoiltanker

Wake Up!
i had never played WW and i was in the middle of my first time with the game when it was announced so yes, i guess i did, however im waiting for the new one, hoping they make more dungeons and add more too it, cuz is seemed like half a LoZ game to me to be completely honest!

Well considering i play WW whenever i have spare time....

But yeah, instead of free roaming on my ten year old save file i did go back through it and i can't wait for WWHD <3

Conversly ALttP2 has inspired me to run through ALttP

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
I would but JP version doesn't want to cooperate. :I

Aside from that, gustaba. I'll try to avoid TWW so HD will feel fresh.

Aside from that, gustaba. I'll try to avoid TWW so HD will feel fresh.

Actually, I think HD will feel even more fresh when you have just recently played WW since then you will more likely feel the difference in graphics :-) one of the reasons why I will probably give it another run-through...

E

evoxpisces

Actually yes. It's been almost a decade since I last played WW to be honest. I definitely was long overdue to replay it.

I am replaying The Wind Waker, but mostly so I can have the dungeons fresh in my mind while I review it for my Axle's Dungeon Reflections series on the front page. I'm going over that game right now because of the impending remake, though, so I guess indirectly I am replaying it because of The Wind Waker HD.

I'm also not terribly fond of The Wind Waker, and I've beaten it numerous times, so it's not exactly a game I immediately think to replay unless I have a reason to. I imagine I'll still play it again over the years, and of course I still need to 100% it someday, but until then I mostly replay it for other reasons like site work.

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
I already recently replayed it, and it severely cut down its status in my mind. Whereas I once considered it a great game, I now only consider it to be good, even barely above average at times. It's not exactly offensive in my eyes, but it's not quite the gem I initially thought it to be. On top of that, I've actually somewhat burnt myself out on Zelda lately, so I haven't been playing any of the series' games (although that will quickly change with the OoX being released on the eShop at the end of this month).

I'll no doubt play the HD remake when it comes out (if I have a Wii U by that point, which I should), but its impending arrival is certainly not causing me to replay the original.

Justac00lguy

BooBoo
Before Wind Waker HD git announced I was planning on replaying the original however I year prior I sold the game and the memory card for around £40, an ok deal at the time. I soon realised that you made a mistake and I was planning on spending my money again however then came the announcement.

Since I currently own a Wii U I think it would be better to save spending around £40 for The Wind Waker and just wait for its release come fall. Also in plan on selling my Wii because simply there is no need for it, I've only kept it to play a select few GC games but I think I'll be selling it soon. Plus I think it's better to wait, like a few people have said entering with a fresh mind will enhance the experience in my opinion, since I've only completed the game once about two years ago I'm sure the game will offer me some renewed experiences again.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Actually, I think HD will feel even more fresh when you have just recently played WW since then you will more likely feel the difference in graphics :-) one of the reasons why I will probably give it another run-through...
Eh for me, playing through Ocarina of Time did make Ocarina of Time 3D feel fresh...but at the end of the day 3D felt like a rehash moreso than a remake. Not that I don't appreciate the graphical uplift - I do - but that 3D wasn't some significant improvement over OoT. That is the feeling I do not want with TWWHD, so I'm ignoring TWW's existence.

bunny

birb overlord
I'm actually not replaying the Wind Waker before it's HD remake is released. I haven't played TWW in a long time, so once the remake comes out I'll have forgotten a lot of the game. I don't want to know where everything thing is and everything that happens when I get the remake; I want it to feel like I'm playing TWW for the first time again.

So yeah, I am just gonna save it for later.

Mrflamexd3

Wind Waker!
The Wind Waker is my personal favorite game in the series. Now when you look at it, i've completed the game hundreds of time, I may even play it again today, I believe the last time I played it was back in August. Anyways, it honestly depends on what the HD remake is. Will it add anything significantly new? The only thing that got me to buy Ocarina of Time 3D was the Master Quest. If Majora's Mask 3D ever came out, I doubt i'd buy it. The Wind Waker HD I will buy eventually just for my love of Wind Waker. But again it honestly depends on what the HD version has, will it be exactly the same story wise or will it add a bunch of new things?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom