• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Is the Split Timeline a Copout?

I think at some point the timelines are going to fuse back together and WW Link and TP Link will touch each other to become.....Link.

That makes no sense.
The two timelines are split,in one timeline Hyrule is still around,and in the other Hyrule is gone forever.

I think at some point the timelines are going to fuse back together and WW Link and TP Link will touch each other to become.....Link.
o_O

Personally I despise merges. They make no sense, pretty much logically impossible. I'll give an example: Person A says to Person B, "Man, were you in that huge world-wide rain storm last Saturday?"
"What rain storm?"
"You know, the one on Windfall Island."
"There isn't a place called Windfall Island... only Hyrule..."
"What's Hyrule?"
See how completely horrible that is? And I'm sure I could come up with even more illogical examples.

Zemen

[Insert Funny Statement]
"so why are YOU wearing a green tunic?"

"well you see, hundreds of years ago there was this hero known as the hero of time"

"why was he called that?"

"he saved the world from the evil ganondorf by traveling through time."

"....that never happened....im the one that defeated ganondorf...yesterday..."

haha this is a fun game.

i too hate the idea of a merging timeline.

C

Caleb, Of Asui

If you were to consider The Subspace Emissary canon (I'm sure you don't, so shut up. This is hypothetical), both Twilight Princess's Link and The Wind Waker's Toon Link end up meeting each other sometime after the end of the game, whenever you go add Toon Link to your big party.

The timelines are probably going to stay completely separate. That's logical based on how they came into existence in Ocarina of Time. Most of the games so far seem to be on the same side of the timeline as Twilight Princess, so it would be cool if they added to the story of the Wind Waker timeline. As far as we can tell, Spirit Tracks is going to do that.

At first, the splitting was probably only partly a copout. They also had to find a place for Hyrule disappearing after Ocarina of Time's events to fit. By now, I wouldn't say it's any sort of copout at all, since Phantom Hourglass and likely Spirit Tracks are expanding upon it.

Skull_Kid

Bugaboo!
If you were to consider The Subspace Emissary canon (I'm sure you don't, so shut up. This is hypothetical), both Twilight Princess's Link and The Wind Waker's Toon Link end up meeting each other sometime after the end of the game, whenever you go add Toon Link to your big party.

The timelines are probably going to stay completely separate. That's logical based on how they came into existence in Ocarina of Time. Most of the games so far seem to be on the same side of the timeline as Twilight Princess, so it would be cool if they added to the story of the Wind Waker timeline. As far as we can tell, Spirit Tracks is going to do that.

At first, the splitting was probably only partly a copout. They also had to find a place for Hyrule disappearing after Ocarina of Time's events to fit. By now, I wouldn't say it's any sort of copout at all, since Phantom Hourglass and likely Spirit Tracks are expanding upon it.

If we were to Consider Super Smash Bros as canon, it would also ruin other franchises.
Super Smash Bros is not canon, we all know it is kinda of a spin off.
I totally disagree with the idea of the merging timeline, and there is no proof to that, unless, like you said, you think that Brawl is part of canon(wich clearly is not)

Zemen

[Insert Funny Statement]
If we were to Consider Super Smash Bros as canon, it would also ruin other franchises.
Super Smash Bros is not canon, we all know it is kinda of a spin off.
I totally disagree with the idea of the merging timeline, and there is no proof to that, unless, like you said, you think that Brawl is part of canon(wich clearly is not)

agreed. i really dont think there is a merge or that there ever will be. i just cant see it working out at all. the only way its possible is if they made the merged game the last game in the series where 2 Links have to team up to save 2 Zeldas and defeat 2 Ganons. it wouldnt make any sense because once this is done, what happens? do the princesses both rule Hyrule and from then on there are 2 Zeldas? and what about Link? does 2 ToC bloodlines live on for the rest of forever? it just doesnt make sense. nintendo would have to do some hardcore stretching to make it work.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom