• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

The Legend of Zelda Is the " Spirit of the Hero of Time" Just a Memory?

Ok so yesterday i watched this Game theory Video about genetic memory. and today i was playing TP when and idea came to mind. and that is What if this genetic memory also applied to link? what if when the Spirit of the Hero of time or the hero chosen by the Godesess its not a actual spirit but instead of a memory of the Previous link's skills passed down from link to link when the spirit is "awakened" . Ill post a link to the video. so what do you think could this spirit actually be a memory?
[video=youtube_share;jzPj3xjM0Vo]http://youtu.be/jzPj3xjM0Vo[/video]

EDIT: this is not just for OOT and TP but all Zelda games that are connected in each time line

Last edited:

Justac00lguy

BooBoo
The Hero's Shade(Spirit) is certainly an odd character in the game, I mean he isn't actually a part of that time but is a spirit of a past hero (Hero of Time) who passes down skills in order for Link to earn courage. He also appears as a Golden Wolf, who actually exists in the world, which is weird since the Hero's Shade is actually a nonexistent.

I'm kind of stuck on which way to go; Is he the Hero of Time in spirit form or is he just a fathom of Link's memories? On the one hand if we look at the way the Golden Wolf encounters Link, he jumps at Link and in a way it's like a past memory is striking Link, like a sudden realisation. There is also the matter that the Golden Wolf is vastly similar to Link's beast form, this could indicate that the Hero's Shade's appearance only exists with what Link already knows. When Link actually encounters the spirit it's not a physical place, some people have drawn comparisons to it being the "heaven" of Hyrule however I think it could be Link entering the inner chambers of his mind.
Hero's Shade said:
At last, the skills I have to teach you have entered the realm of true secrecy. They are forgotten ways that do not leave our bloodline.
This quote seems to show a personal connection, so it could be quite possible that the Hero of Time and TP Link are very much blood related, further proving the whole memory idea.

However I also have a problem as the Hero's Shade seems to be very much a character within himself, not just simply Link remembering past skills. Just look at some of the quotes he says:
[ilquote=Hero's Shade]You have a little more of the look of a hero than you did before... Do you feel ready to earn your next skill? [/ilquote]
[ilquote=Hero's Shade]It appears your efforts have begun to return some vigor to Hyrule, but it is far too early to relax. [/ilquote]
[ilquote=Hero's Shade] Believe in your strength. Continue to push forward unflinchingly, and without straying from your path.[/ilquote]
[ilquote=Hero's Shade]Although I accepted life as the hero, I could not convey the lessons of that life to those who came after. At last, I have eased my regrets. [/ilquote]
[ilquote=Hero's Shade]Go and do not falter, my child! [/ilquote]

It's hard to say but I do think this is the Hero of Time connecting with Link and generally helping him on his journey rather than a simple memory as the Hero's Shade seems to be of a higher power/knowledge of Link. However what I find weird is that when we where the Hero of Time we never seen any of these skill that the Hero's Shade passes down so maybe OoT Link from the Child Timeline may have not been done with his adventures.

The Hero's Shade(Spirit) is certainly an odd character in the game, I mean he isn't actually a part of that time but is a spirit of a past hero (Hero of Time) who passes down skills in order for Link to earn courage. He also appears as a Golden Wolf, whoactually exists in the world, which is weird since the Hero's Shade is actually a spirit.

I'm kind of stuck on which way to go; Is he the Hero of Time in spirit form or is he just a fathom of Link's memories? On the one hand if we look at the way the Golden Wolf encounters Link, he jumps at Link and in a way it's like a past memory is striking Link, like a sudden realisation. There is also the matter that the Golden Wolf is vastly similar to Link's beast form, this could indicate that the Hero's Shade's appearance only exists with what Link already knows. When Link actually encounters the spirit it's not a physical place, some people have drawn comparisons to it being the "heaven" of Hyrule however I think it could be Link entering the inner chambers of his mind.

This quote seems to show a personal connection, so it could be quite possible that the Hero of Time and TP Link are very much blood related, further proving the whole memory idea.

However I also have a problem as the Hero's Shade seems to be very much a character within himself, not just simply Link remembering past skills. Just look at some of the quotes he says:
[ilquote=Hero's Shade]You have a little more of the look of a hero than you did before... Do you feel ready to earn your next skill? [/ilquote]
[ilquote=Hero's Shade]It appears your efforts have begun to return some vigor to Hyrule, but it is far too early to relax. [/ilquote]
[ilquote=Hero's Shade] Believe in your strength. Continue to push forward unflinchingly, and without straying from your path.[/ilquote]
[ilquote=Hero's Shade]Although I accepted life as the hero, I could not convey the lessons of that life to those who came after. At last, I have eased my regrets. [/ilquote]
[ilquote=Hero's Shade]Go and do not falter, my child! [/ilquote]

It's hard to say but I do think this is the Hero of Time connecting with Link and generally helping him on his journey rather than a simple memory as the Hero's Shade seems to be of a higher power/knowledge of Link. However what I find weird is that when we where the Hero of Time we never seen any of these skill that the Hero's Shade passes down so maybe OoT Link from the Child Timeline may have not been done with his adventures.
well its not just TP but in all the Zelda games from SS all the way to the other games that are connected..ill put that in as an edit so people wont miss understand what im saying. but i do understand what you are saying shades is not a memory but a spirit , but what the other links?

Last edited:

HylianHero

Gardener of Elysium
I don't know, it doesn't fit with Zelda's High Fantasy theme. I think we already have an explanation that fits Zelda and High Fantasy: The Spirit of the Hero, which is quite simply The Spirit of the Hero, not a genetic memory.

Plus, not all the Link's are related by blood, so it wouldn't work anyway.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom