• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Ocarina of Time Is the Shadow Temple Really That Scary?

Did the Shadow Temple creep you out?

• It traumatized me! I dread it!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes, I still find it creepy to this day.

• Only when I first played it, but not anymore.

• Not at all. What's so scary?

• Total voters

Random Person

Just Some Random Person
I am scared to death of the Shadow temple. I mainly fear the old versions of redead. Even though they're so easy to defeat, they got me when I was young so it still gives me fear. The shadow temple locked you in rooms with redead. OMG! That is not fun! I warped out of rooms so many times just because there were redead there and the door locked me in. I even even missed a vital key that was locked in the room with them. Yes I knew the sun song but that didn't matter.

Now add that to the ambiance of the music, the fact that it's always dark, and invisible things attacking you in seemingly harmless places...

Yeah, it was scary, it is scary, and it will always be scary.

figthersword

Hylian Coward
I am scared to death of the Shadow temple. I mainly fear the old versions of redead. Even though they're so easy to defeat, they got me when I was young so it still gives me fear. The shadow temple locked you in rooms with redead. OMG! That is not fun! I warped out of rooms so many times just because there were redead there and the door locked me in. I even even missed a vital key that was locked in the room with them. Yes I knew the sun song but that didn't matter.

Now add that to the ambiance of the music, the fact that it's always dark, and invisible things attacking you in seemingly harmless places...

Yeah, it was scary, it is scary, and it will always be scary.

Wow i was so curious with your facial expression (fear the music of the temple). it makes my back bone chills. :D

Rishian

The Meat Shield
I never found it all that scary or hard. Just annoying when you can't see certain things.. :P

But in the end I find that the Well is more scary then the shadow temple itself.. LOL!

Escohobita

King of Those Who Know
When I first played through it? Yeah! it scared the hell out of me! Especially those wall masters. The creepy writing and the fact that just about everything had to be seen through the lens of truth made it scary. Of course, that was some (almost 12) years ago, and now I've played the game so much that it doesn't bother me anymore (although the wall masters will always creep me out). Gotta love the music to this dungeon, too.

Danlo

Daniel
It was creepy but not really that scary. I think it is good that the made a temple scary like this because most of them are nor scary at all

Flagpole

I'm back!!
I remember the only time (for now) that I played this temple, which took me three days from a 30 days winter hoildays (yeah, those winter holidays had 15 days more than a normal winter holiday because of the H1N1).

Maybe because ReDeads don't really scare me, or because I played almost the full temple without music, it didn't really scare me. I have to agree with some facts, like that the temple is full of sorpresive monsters, though, when you know when and where they'll appear, they won't scare you. The paintings, blood, illusions, soundtrack, none of them actually scared me... As for the illusions, you had the Lens of Truth, which consumes your magic meter very slowly.
What actually creeped me a bit about the temple was something I read after beating it, related to Bongo Bongo. As you can know, Bongo Bongo plays the bongos... Though I didn't know the bongos played on the soundtrack were the ones Bongo Bongo played, so, yeah, that fact creeped me a bit...

But, even if the Bongo Bongo fact exists, the temple just doesn't scares me, and I don't really know why it should.

A

Algalord

I honestly don't even really remember the Shadow Temple. So, no, I don't think it was very frightening.

FlatxSharp

Music to last through the ages
HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE!!!!

I have to have someone with me to laugh at everything with or I cannot even go down the well! I cannot finish OoT by myself.

Tp and WW however, no problem. I love the ReDeads in those games. I love being scared in those games...it's just OoT that I'm afraid of.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom