• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Is the Next Zelda going to have full Voice Acting?

Full Voicing on the Next Zelda?

• Total voters

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
It will be like BoTW was. Important moments are voices and regular NPCs get text boxes.

I would like full voice like Witcher 3 or Skyrim but I don't think they will do it.

Whatever the case I think the voice acting was very poor overall in BoTW and I think I could voice most characters better myself especially Zelda she was ****ing awful and her accent was so fake. So next time I hope they get better voices for their characters. This was not the Hollywood calibre cast that Aounuma said would have to be involved before he considered using real voice acting.

Ninja

Well well well
I'm hoping most of the next game will have voice acting but the cast needs to be much better. I'm fine with what BotW did though. Text boxes and NPC's with wild expressions are just fine. WW was also great with Link's reaction faces.

Do you think the next Zelda will have full voice acting, and do you want it to happen?
I hope that in the next Zelda game, that cold ole Link would start talking for once. They had him talking silently in SS and BOTW continues to have him talk silently and also introduced voice actors. So why not just start making Link talk, maybe say one or a few words at least. Him not talking even during situations that call for talking makes him seem cold in my opinion. I like how BOTW decided to have voice acting but I thought that the characters would sound British/Irish/Scottish because of its Western Europe-based setting. Maybe they should start casting English actors next time...or actors who can do an English accent very well.

Ronin

There you are! You monsters!
Forum Volunteer
Maybe because the voice acting was meant to be Hyrule English and not another alternative?

I liked the voice acting well enough. The characters themselves could use some polish, though.

Jen

Wouldn't be totally against the idea of it, just hope they keep Link silent. In my opinion its better that way.

pyjamas5189

Secretly a cat
As long as they improve the zelda accent it would be nice for them to continue it if only for the cut scenes.

Quin

Disaster Master
I hope not, but if they do, please make Hylian an option. If monster hunter can do it so can Zelda. If not even that, Keep japanese an option atleast. Ever since they patched that in BOTW I never went back.

Fire Emblem Echoes: SoV had full voice acting and it was excellent,
Did we play the same game? I had to turn that off the moment I left the first village.

ray138

a Mid-West Monster of the Highest Grade
If the acting isn't be better than it was in BotW, I'd rather have none at all.
I actually liked how BotW did it, but the performances were mostly terrible (Zelda!) with Ravali being the only exception (if only they had scripted a better character. So close!).

There needs to be a 4th option: There damn well better be

If they have it everywhere, then maybe they'll actually put some real effort into it, and into the story. I basically didn't like any of the voice acting that wasn't Urbosa or Revali. But I honestly think their VA decisions and their story decisions will go hand-in-hand. A much stronger emphasis on story and a much stronger emphasis on voice acting should buoy each other up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom