• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Ocarina of Time Is the Megaton Hammer Really Worth It?

El Bagu

Wannabe Mr. 1-8-1
A poll would be nice here! :)

To answer the question: I believe it´s worth it, especially since I never had any huge problems obtaining it (I never even bothered about killing the keese). But to be honest, I never use the hammer frequently throughout the game, I´ve always prefered the sword.

ShaneOMac713

The Seal has been Broken
Not to be rude or anything and this is my opinion but that was one of the easiest items to get and I had fun messing around right before getting it. I think that anyone can get that item when they try. I took me a minute to get it.

Linknerd09

Luigi Fan
It's worth it. Without it, You wouldn't be able to defeat the boss from the Fire Temple. Without it, You couldn't break the big boulders to reach your item. (Even though you can use Bombs :l) Without it, You can't press or smash a hard button on some dungeons/temples. I think it's totally worth it.

Ghirahim

Demon Lord
It doesn't really matter if it's worth it, since the megaton hammer is not an optional item. It is required to complete the game.

ShaneOMac713

The Seal has been Broken
The Megaton Hammer is completely worth it and anyways you need it for the game but, to get back to the point. You need the Megaton Hammer for a bunch of things, like you use it to smash big rocks that sometimes uncover secret stuff like fairy fountains and great fairy fountains. The Megaton Hammer is also used to beat the fire temple boss without it you can't win plus to get a ice arrow(later in the game) you need it to complete one or a couple I don't really remember but you need it to get keys so you can get the ice arrow.

Squirrel

The Rodent King
I don't remember the fire temple at all really (so iI think that means that it was pretty easy for me to get the megaton hammer since I don't remember it.) Anyway, I think the megaton hammer is totally worth it because of Dark Link in the Water Temple. I couldn't beat him without the megaton hammer.

Usurper_King_Zant_by_Serrifth.jpg

misskitten

Hello Sweetie!
I love the Fire Temple and I generally feel I beat it too quickly, cause I just want to stay there playing :P The Megathon Hammer isn't really that annoying to get for me, I might have to make a few attempts, but generally get it within only a few minutes. Sorry you had such a hard time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom