• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Is The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword That Good?

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
SS isn't that good, unfortunately. Many of the flaws stand out within the first few hours of gameplay, and when you get to the halfpoint of the game, you'll rage at the missing items you thought were essential. The characters are still useless this time around, save for the three that are actually important to the story. The graphics are outdated for this generation, but that's because it's on the Wii so no harm there. The music all sounds the same IMO, nothing really stood out except for the Credits Theme and the Song of the Hero. The gameplay however is top-notch. The game overall is great, but it isn't the best Zelda game. On the scale of the 3D Zeldas, I'd rank it below OoT and MM but higher than TWW/TP. It's just filled to the brim with flaws that Nintendo EASILY could've fixed if they weren't so focused on "OH EM GEE MAEK DIS GAEM BEAT OCARINA!!!11!ONE".

However, despite my antics, the game is really great. It's not the best Zelda ever like people claim it to be, but it's a great video game. I would get it in a heartbeat, just don't expect a game that can last for 50+ years without getting old.

Haven't played it yet, hopefully will get it for Christmas. It's been pretty rough trying to force myself to not look into a lot of videos due to spoilers. From what little knowledge I know about the game, the wii motion plus mechanics seem interesting, but I don't know how well they will transform into zelda gameplay.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom