• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Is the Hookshot Dead?

SNOlink

I'm baack. Who missed me?
In Twilight Princess, we were introduced to a new item called the clawshot. It was pretty much a hookshot that allowed you to actually hang on the wall and you actually got a second one later. For those of you who saw the gameplay, the clawshot will also be in Skyward Sword. But does this mean it's the end of the Hookshot? If it is, will you miss it?

Conor

the over analysing guy
I think they're essentially the same item, I think of it in pokemon terms, for example
you have a charmander (hookshot) and it evolves into a charmeleon (clawshot) sure it's different, but it never really left :)

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
The hookshot and clawshot are pretty much the same item, just with a different skin. It would be somewhat like having a bow and a crossbow, they're the same item in essence, just slightly different startups. They have the same mechanics, do the exact same things, just look different.

The clawshot is basically the hookshot. The double clawshot puts a new spin on the item, but I don't see the hookshot as dead, just going by a different name.

As said before, the Hookshot and Clawshot are extremely similar, but the Clawshot and Double Clawshots have more features. Returning to the Hookshot would be a downgrade.

Wait, maybe in skyward sword, the clawshot is an upgrade to the hookshot, just like the slingshot upgrades to the spreadshot!

flyingeagle0816

The Twilight Knight
well i don,t mind the hookshot being "Dead" because the claw shot is the same thing only with a 2nd features being able to hang from the ceiling

oh and in tp you got a 2nd clawshot witch was pretty cool :yes:

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom