• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Is the Hero of Time dead in the Downfall timeline?

1: an onscreen death does occur. In OoT, if, instead of going to open the door of time, you go in the alleyway, a soldier has his final words with Link, and Navi verbally shoes Link away from the scene because he is still just a child at the end of the day. I don't blame you for missing this. The conversation won't happen once you've gotten the Master Sword, even when you go back to being a child.

EDIT: As I said below, I believe point 2 was a mistranslation I got from before there was an English version of Hyrule Historia. Desregard point 2.

2: Link both dies and starts the order of knights in Downfall Timeline Ocarina of Time. Hyrule Historia said Link dies against Ganondorf, but also says that the hero who died gets revived to seal Ganondorf away. This is why people were speculating, in the early stages of trailers, that Breath of the Wild was telling the story inbetween Downfall OoT and ALttP.

Last edited:
That theory actually blows me away. Can you tell what page this is on?
I retract my statement. I think the info I got (from someone translating the Japanese version before an English version existed) was mistranslated. I just checked my English copy, and it merely says that the hero will one day return to the ranks of the knights.

Man, that's a bummer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom