• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Tri Force Heroes Is the English version of Tri Force Heroes really delayed?!

VitaTempusN92

Hero of Time! The True Zelda Genius!
i think its being delayed so they can add it as a mini game on zelda u

Nice joke. Love it. :)

I hope they use the delay to better improve the experience.

Yeah, they need make some improvements, like fix the names for the English audience for example. Seriously, names like Curlking, Frill, and Dress aren't going to work here in English speaking territory.

VitaTempusN92

Well people, it's September 24th 2015, and guess what. We did get more info on TFH. And yes, it's in JAPANESE! AGAIN!

So, pretty much, at point, it should be pretty obvious that the NoA rep from that IGN video, JC Rodrigo was not kidding around when he said Holiday 2015 for North American release.

So, Nintendo actions so far have pretty much 90% confirmed that TFH is releasing next month, but only for Japan, and elsewhere, Holiday season of 2015 (December most likely), at the earliest.

We may not get any true official English version of the info we've been getting this month so far until November, the month before the Worldwide Release.

Lozjam

A Cool, Cool Mountain
Oh... The idiocy of this.
Nintendo has given us the release date, It is still the same a month before launch. Nothing will change.
A ton of Japanese overview trailers were released for Mario Maker. Does that mean that the game was delayed for the western hemisphere?
Hell no.
Nintendo has given us an exact release date. They are keeping it.

VitaTempusN92

Oh... The idiocy of this.
Nintendo has given us the release date, It is still the same a month before launch. Nothing will change.
A ton of Japanese overview trailers were released for Mario Maker. Does that mean that the game was delayed for the western hemisphere?
Hell no.
Nintendo has given us an exact release date. They are keeping it.

*cough* *cough* You forgot *cough* *cough* what happened to *cough* *cough* Starfox Zero. *cough* *cough*

Seriously, all we've been getting of TFH so far is JAPANESE info. September is almost over and we still have next to LITTLE ENGLISH info! And seriously doubt we'll ever get a Nintendo Direct anytime soon, considering Nintendo just got a new president.

We've had next no news to ensure that the game is even still planned to release in North America. All we have is that one IGN video that suggests the English version of the game is delayed to Winter. And what has been going on lately is further proving that as of now, any October releases is for Japan only.

And honestly, just because a game got an exact release date, doesn't mean that there's no chance it will ever be delayed. Look what to Starfox Zero, that got an EXACT release date, and guess what, it got delayed. Plans CAN CHANGE at ANYTIME, regardless of ANYTHING! Especially now days, when companies are starting to become more and more dis-functional.

Always be prepared with grains of salt. LOTS of IT!

Lozjam

A Cool, Cool Mountain
*cough* *cough* You forgot *cough* *cough* what happened to *cough* *cough* Starfox Zero. *cough* *cough*

Seriously, all we've been getting of TFH so far is JAPANESE info. September is almost over and we still have next to LITTLE ENGLISH info! And seriously doubt we'll ever get a Nintendo Direct anytime soon, considering Nintendo just got a new president.

We've had next no news to ensure that the game is even still planned to release in North America. All we have is that one IGN video that suggests the English version of the game is delayed to Winter. And what has been going on lately is further proving that as of now, any October releases is for Japan only.

And honestly, just because a game got an exact release date, doesn't mean that there's no chance it will ever be delayed. Look what to Starfox Zero, that got an EXACT release date, and guess what, it got delayed. Plans CAN CHANGE at ANYTIME, regardless of ANYTHING! Especially now days, when companies are starting to become more and more dis-functional.

Always be prepared with grains of salt. LOTS of IT!
All we were getting from Mario Maker was Japanese information. We had very little English information.

Also we do have news. The English Nintendo website.
http://www.nintendo.com/games/detail/pjaS5nCJ1sYFb-zGXsyzBQ_dfKQkN2mn
The release date is still October 23rd. That is a done deal as they have likely started printing copies. They would have no choice but to have released information on the delay sooner. Because guess what? Within 2 weeks review copies will be sent out to every major gaming media outlet. This game will have to come out, and there is nothing Nintendo can do about it. This isn't Star Fox, where the release was at least 2 months away. This game is already printing and being prepped for release.

Furthermore, the Treehouse is known to be wrong. Time and time again. Especially within livestreams. They are under pressure, so they get facts incorrect. For example, in one of the NoA livestreams fro Xenoblade Chronicles X, they stated that you can only play as Cross the entire game. That is so incorrect. They are on livestreams though, they can very well be wrong.

Are we also really surprised that NoA is incompetent at advertising? Really? Like I said, they didn't show off any of the overview trailers until around 3 weeks until release. That's just the way things are. Quit being so melodramatic and creating a problem when there clearly isn't one.

VitaTempusN92

All we were getting from Mario Maker was Japanese information. We had very little English information.

Also we do have news. The English Nintendo website.
http://www.nintendo.com/games/detail/pjaS5nCJ1sYFb-zGXsyzBQ_dfKQkN2mn
The release date is still October 23rd. That is a done deal as they have likely started printing copies. They would have no choice but to have released information on the delay sooner. Because guess what? Within 2 weeks review copies will be sent out to every major gaming media outlet. This game will have to come out, and there is nothing Nintendo can do about it. This isn't Star Fox, where the release was at least 2 months away. This game is already printing and being prepped for release.

Furthermore, the Treehouse is known to be wrong. Time and time again. Especially within livestreams. They are under pressure, so they get facts incorrect. For example, in one of the NoA livestreams fro Xenoblade Chronicles X, they stated that you can only play as Cross the entire game. That is so incorrect. They are on livestreams though, they can very well be wrong.

Are we also really surprised that NoA is incompetent at advertising? Really? Like I said, they didn't show off any of the overview trailers until around 3 weeks until release. That's just the way things are. Quit being so melodramatic and creating a problem when there clearly isn't one.

For JAPAN, YES! For NA, NO! Right now, you're being completely ignorant and illogical. You're failing to see the logic here of what I just told you. PLANS CAN CHANGE NO MATTER WHAT! Starfox's delay was CLEAR PROOF of MY POINT and you're completely ignoring that like IT NEVER HAPPENED or can't happen again. And that is a MAJOR NERVE PLUCKING PET PEEVE of MINE, so much, you have NO IDEA!

And they DON'T HAVE a FULL WEBSITE for the NA version yet, and won't until after their next Nintendo Direct, which won't be until November.

Don't cry to me when the English version of TFH doesn't come out next month.

Last edited by a moderator:

DARK MASTER

The Emperor
Jimmy is right. Let's try to have a healthy conversation. Thanks everyone. :)

I would just like to add; assuming a delay is happening the biggest reason would probably be their online servers.

Last edited by a moderator:

Lozjam

A Cool, Cool Mountain
Guys lets calm down, no need to get so worked up over a release date...
I must say, I am perfectly calm in this situation.
For JAPAN, YES! For NA, NO! Right now, you're being completely ignorant and illogical. You're failing to see the logic here of what I just told you. PLANS CAN CHANGE NO MATTER WHAT! Starfox's delay was CLEAR PROOF of MY POINT and you're completely ignoring that like IT NEVER HAPPENED or can't happen again. And that is a MAJOR NERVE PLUCKING PET PEEVE of MINE, so much, you have NO IDEA!

And they DON'T HAVE a FULL WEBSITE for the NA version yet, and won't until after their next Nintendo Direct, which won't be until November.

Don't cry to me when the English version of TFH doesn't come out next month.
Starfox was not delayed for localization. It was delayed to polish up the gameplay, and cutscenes. Never had Nintendo delayed a game, a month before release, because of localization. And never have they delayed a Zelda game for only localization as well.
And like I said, the copies for both the Japanese and English versions of the game are likely already in print. They would have told us if they were delaying the game.

They don't even have a full website for Xenoblade X... Nor did they have one for Mario Maker until a week before it launched. Heck, we never had websites for many NA released games. Such as Splatoon as well. NA is terrible about websites. That is a fact. They are also terrible at advertising until about two weeks before it. That is a fact, especially when considering their most recent release, Mario Maker. You did not see people screaming that the game was delayed for NA because we didn't get overview trailers with a month left until launch. It is merely the difference between NoJ and NoA.

It is just Nintendo of America being Nintendo of America. They suck very much, and I don't think you realize that.
Jimmy is right. Let's try to have a healthy conversation. Thanks everyone. :)

I would just like to add; assuming a delay is happening the biggest reason would probably be their online servers.
That is very true. Yet I think the servers are very polished already, judging from the NoJ footage. Nintendo also has a decently healthy online network nowadays too. I don't think it should be too much of a problem.

Jimmu

Administrator
Staff member
ZD Champion
Administrator
I played a Tri-Force Hero's demo today (now yesterday) at the EB Games Expo in Sydney. It was all in English, the signage was all pointing to an October 24th release and the Nintendo staff were very sure it would release then. That pretty much settles this one I'd say.

The Omni Triforcer

Hero Of Time And Space
I played a Tri-Force Hero's demo today (now yesterday) at the EB Games Expo in Sydney. It was all in English, the signage was all pointing to an October 24th release and the Nintendo staff were very sure it would release then. That pretty much settles this one I'd say.
what did you think of it?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom