• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Twilight Princess Is That Malon Singing in Hyrule Field(at Night) ?

Mangachick14

Nerdy and Proud
I think it's just there because it sounds pretty. Maybe the same voice that was used for Malon was used for the song? Idk. Regardless, I don't think it's a reference. Seems too subtle and takes too much inferring to be a reference for me.

Salem

SICK
Oh, I thought about that before, well it can't be Malon, but I always thought their voice was very similar.

CraptainFalcon

Bored to death
Now call me crazy, but I read somewhere, a while back when the game had only been out for a year, that in the Japanese version there were a few references that prove that voice in the field at night in Twilight Princess was in fact Malon. It was about Giovani's quest, that the curse of gold had originated to his wealth which was from his ancestors that had often done bad things to acquire wealth during a time of conflict in the past. Talking to more NPCs some more and you find out that in the past a building in the middle of Hyrule field had been burnt down during a conflict from nobles of Hyrule.

Now I don't know if this is true or not, but I racked my brain and put two and two together and figured that should this information be true then...the building that burnt down was Lon Lon Rance and Malon was singing a song of sorrow for her destroyed ranch and that possibly Giovani's family and his curse was related to this incident. Nice huh? But if anyone can confirm this that would be great.

Well, the only thing that I can think of that could be proof of this is that originally, Miyamoto wanted to put a scene in OoT where Lon Lon Ranch burns down. I guess they decided to put a sort of reference to that in the Japanese version of TP. I'm not sure.

Pandanation

Panda Link
I think that this is simply a coincidence. It sounds good, that's what the people want, so it was used. No need to over complicate the little enjoyable details in TP :)

Random Person

Just Some Random Person
I don't think its actually her singing, but I'm pretty sure it was meant to sound like her. TP = OoT sequel so lots of calls back to OoT are made.

Had to come here after hearing this again in 2023, sorry for resurrecting an old thread but I just had to say in OoT when Malon is singing and you interact with her this sound stops playing, meaning: it's her voice. Hearing it here it's undeniable that it's her singing being used. You couldn't possibly just assume it was a reused sound "just because", it was put there intentionally. Why? who knows, we all know for a fact she isn't in the game and has nothing to do with the story but it's safe to say it's most likely used because TP is a love letter/fan service to all the OoT fans.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom