• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Is Spririt Tracks Worth Playing?

THEM

Your cows are mine!
I'm a little skeptical about buying ST. I beat PH a few months ago, and I did not enjoy it near as much as I have other games in the Zelda series. I mostly want to know how it differs from PH, and if it is any better. I appreciate it, thx :)

From the first few hours of Spirit Tracks, I preferred instantly it over Phantom Hourglass. It has some nice throwbacks to Phantom Hourglass, the villains are actually more interesting than Bellum, and while I'm sure Zelda's personality would be a bit of a negative point to some, it's better than the small role Tetra played in PH. The Tower of Spirits isn't timed, which addresses one of the main problems of the Temple of the Ocean King. The game has less dungeons than PH, but the level designs make up for that. When you try to move the Big Key, Floormasters appear and try to take back the key, so you have to fight them off. It's essentially the last challenge just before the boss fight. I really can't think of anything that PH did better than ST other than how PH improved the sailing in WW, whereas ST requires you to draw particular paths along the tracks, but if you want Spirit Tracks to be better than Phantom Hourglass, I'm sure you won't be disappointed.

Spirit Tracks is a game full of personality. The presentation and sound are a great leap over Phantom Hourglass. It was nice to see a more modern take on Castle Town. Bosses are once again gigantic, filling two screens and dungeon design is spectacular. The last two dungeons are especially memorable. The Tower of Spirits is much funner than the Temple of the Ocean King. Navigating the tracks never gets old as there are always bunnies to be on the look out for and enemy trains to avoid. The music is also first class. The Forest theme music especially comes to mind. Also, it's nice to see Linebeck return albeit serving a different purpose entirely. Zelda is a great companion and it's interesting to see here take on a larger role in a Zelda game for once. Spirit Tracks is essentially a tale of preventing Chancellor Cole from resurrecting Malladus but as the storu progresses, Link and Zelda grow closer and unexpected plot twists occur. But be warned for the middle third of the game there is relatively little plot development.

Well to me Phantom Houglass was awesome and Spirit Tracks was basically the same thing,but not as good as PH,so if you consider that,you'll probably wront enjoy the game,but Spirit Tracks is a amazing game and if your a Zelda fan,you shouldn't miss this ''episode'' of the Zelda serie,it really worth buying.The story is interesting,the gameplay is basically like PH with a few touch to make the game unique (kinda like Majora's mask compare to Ocarina of time),Once you beat the game,there's a lot of interessting sides quest to do,the bosses fight are awesome,the teamwork with Zelda and Link is a brillant idea and its really fun to play.You should buy it.

Z

Zelda97

I loved PH and thought ST was an amazing sequel to it (bear in mind these were the first 2 zelda games I ever played). I'm currently playing OoT 3DS and I believe ST is almost as good as that but OoT just edges it. :D

D

darth_matt195

I disagree. While the end songs were beautiful, the flute was very difficult to play.

I agree, what a foul thing to play this was. My DS was close to being thrown several times playing Spirit Tracks.

But all in all I did enjoy Spirit Tracks, and to echo others it is full of character and the Spirit Tower is great for a challenge!

I thought Spirit Tracks was a much more enjoyable game than Phantom Hourglass (which I thought was just a much worse, "on-the-go" rehash of The Wind Waker; the only issue I had with Spirit Tracks vs. Phantom Hourglass is that you had to double tap to roll, as opposed to just tapping the edge of the screen.

A

Ahoydizzle

I had a blast playing through Spirit tracks, it rapidly became one of my favourite Zelda games although sometimes I found the train journeying to be a bit frustrating. I'd definitely recommend picking it up and playing through it, I doubt you'd be disappointed.

Spirit Tracks is worth playing, for sure. Although, it is a bit of a pain to 100%. I really enjoyed all the dungeons and everything but constantly going by train everywhere got rather tiresome. Blowing into the DS to play the insturment was very cool.

F

Furious rainbow

yeh it is I loved blowing away stuff while riding the train:D

Yes st is a great game is has to be one of my top 10 zelda games. The only down side is the flute but besides that its great.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom