• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Is soup a drink

Is it???

• Yes

Votes: 3 15.0%
  • No

Votes: 8 40.0%
  • Stfu tristan

Votes: 9 45.0%

• Total voters

ExLight

why
Forum Volunteer
soup is the liquid part of the dish, so yes

it's like the milk in the cereal with milk
the chunks are the cereal

you drink the milk
you drink the soup

cereal is what it is without the liquid just like it is vegetables/meats without the soup

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
Soup is a food that can also be a drink. You need to take into consideration what type of soup it is. Chicken noodle soup is not a drink because the dish itself contains chicken and noodles which can't be drunk. The broth component of the dish is a drink but taken as a whole the dish isn't actually a drink yet is still a soup. Chicken consommé is a wholly liquid soup however and the dish is therefore both a food and a drink.

I've been making and eating a lot of soups lately and thinking about it even now makes me crave.

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
humans probably have too much water in them to be considered a beverage
Tea has more water in it that a human and that is considered a beverage. I would say that a human has too much solid to be considered a beverage. Human blood however...

Beverage is french is origin which comes from a Latin word which means to drink. So basically anything you can drink is a beverage, even water however it's not popular to describe water as a beverage i don't think it would be incorrect to do so.

Spiritual Mask Salesman

CHIMer Dragonborn
Staff member
Comm. Coordinator
Site Staff
Soup is food when it has noodles or meat in it, if you take that all away, being only left with the broth, you either have a drink or beverage.

The difference between a drink and beverage is that beverages are brewed, infused, or percolated, and contain more of something else than water. A broth contains more juices extracted from meat than water, and those juices are infused with water, so I think broth falls under being a beverage.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom