• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Is Skyward Sword Worth Buying a Wii For?

Pinhead101

Pokemon Master
Okay so I don't have a Wii even though I have always been interested in getting one.
Skyward Sword is supposed to be a really great game, but is it worth buying a Wii for?

Your opinions?

E

Electrusbolt

Since the Wii's are now at a very low price, I'd say you should get one. Skyward Sword is a great game to have. Skyward Sword is a very long game. It will keep you busy for about 50+ hours.

LavaAnon

The Forever Gamer
Skyward Sword is a great game and it is a pretty good reason to purchase a Wii, and plus, Wii's are pretty cheap now and Skyward Sword will definately keep you busy for quite a while. :D

TrueChaos

Defender of Hyrule
as people have said, they are cheap and SS is a great game so go for it. If you can get Twilight Princess too then even better

Mamono101

生きることは痛みを知ること。
Staff member
That depends. What types of games do you like to play? The Wii offers a very different type of game selection than most people are used to. I bought a Wii to play SS and discovered a few Wii gems that are really fun to play such as the Trauma Center games and the one and only game I have blogged about Fragile Dreams: Farewell Ruins of the Moon.

Just take a look at the list of games that are on offer. If you think you would play a good chunk of them, go for it. If not, wait for the release of the WiiU. That way you get a console capable of playing the latest Nintendo games and it will be compatible with the entire library of Wii games that already exist.

Last edited:

Pinhead101

Pokemon Master
Just take a look at the list of games that are on offer. If you think you would play a good chunk of them, go for it. If not, wait for the release of the WiiU. That way you get a console capable of playing the latest Nintendo games and it will be compatible with the entire library of Wii games that already exist.

Yeah I was thinking about that. Either way I'll start saving some extra cash so I can play it one day. The WiiU will probably be very expensive though...

Thanks for your opinions guys :3

A

angelgirl2248

It is totally worth it! Especially now that the Wii is less than $150. Plus you can play Gamecube games on it.

Let me just say that I got a new Wii for my room for Christmas so that I could play Skward Sword.

If you're a huge Zelda fan, then yes, buying a Wii solely for SS is worth it. Plus the Wii has a lot of other great games. :)

Rachel

be vigitant
I would recommend buying the Wii U, so you not only can buy Skyward Sword and Twilight Princess, but also future Zelda games. Unfortunately, you cannot play GameCube games on the Wii U, which you can do on the Wii. The Wii is cheaper, and is compatible with GameCube games. In the end, it's your decision~

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom