• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Is Skyward Sword the Most Challenging Zelda Yet?

Ronin

There you are! You monsters!
Forum Volunteer
In the regular playthrough, it's certainly not. Almost every part of the game had to do with timing. As the player I often stopped to things through a puzzle, then centered all my concentration on timing quickly and effectively. Fighting in Skyward Sword caused me to pick up the pace in that regard. But because of my long history of playing and finishing Zelda games over the course of a few months [apiece], it hardly challenged me. It's very rare that I died, except for in certain Boss battles. In those I had to slow down and focus on getting to their weak points. Once again, afterwards it wasn't all that difficult when I put my mind to it.

Hero Mode is another story. It tests the limits of many players, even Zelda veterans, because enemies are able to take away twice the amount of damage. The difficulty and challenge rises exponentially if the player is not used to split-second decisions that could save Link's life. For players like me (a casual one) this could be frustrating enough to make us ragequit. But others enjoy the thrill and adrenaline of hacking down enemies as if they were nothing more than weeds in their path.

Skyward Sword is not all that arduous. If anything, to me, it was a fun and invigorating experience, for I put up a fast from Zelda games until this came out and I was able to play it. Indeed it was well worth the wait.

TriforceHunter

Forever I am Abandoned
It's not hard as it is plain tedious. Some of the stuff they have you do can sometimes be downright annoying, like the note mission. I think the hardest part of this game is fighting common enemies because they buffed them up quite a bit.

Ninten*

BLOOOOOOOO
Not the hardest, but one of the hardest. The hardest for me was probably Twilight Princess. Tons of puzzles and it took me a while to figure stuff out.

theoathtoorder

“Zinga-dingding!”
SS was really easy. Koloktos and Scervo were somewhat challenging. So was the Imprisoned #3.
Awesome- but easy. I'd say the first Zelda is one of the hardest for me. I am impatient with the old controls and graphics.

N

NoahTheNinNerd

NOOOOOO I would not say so... It is pretty straight forward, at least for me...
That does not mean it has some challenges- the Eldin Silent Realm made me have to start over once... Silent Realms were usually easy for me.
Wasn't a big fan of the Boss Rush, but that was supposed to be hard- and it was worth it for the Hylian Sheild.

In my personal opinion, absolutely not. I will rank the games from most difficult (1) to least difficult (17)
17. Four Swords Adventures
16. Four Swords
15. Spirit Tracks
14. Phantom Hourglass
13. Oracle Of Ages
12. Oracle Of Seasons
11. Ocarina Of Time 3D
10. Ocarina Of Time
9. Wind Waker
8. Link's Awakening
7. Minish Cap
6. Skyward Sword
5. Legend Of Zelda (NES)
4. Twilight Princess
3. Majora's Mask
2. A Link To The Past
1. Adventure Of Link
*Dosen't include OOT Master Quest or spin-offs

That is just a simple run down and im sure some places could be re-considered, but for the most part, that is what i think is the order of easiest to hardest.
As you can see, Skyward Sword is NOT the easiest, but definitely NOT the hardest.

The NES and SNES games were brutally challenging. The last dungeon is LoZ was obscenely hard, much more so than any part of SS. And I never actually finished ZeldaII, I think that it was an Iron Knuckle that I couldn't get past...

Not at all, Majora's mask or the Adventure of Link are more suited to be the most challenging zelda games. Skyward sword was pretty easy, the heroic mode is tougher but still not that difficult because you just redo the same puzzles

Zelda 2 had me tearing my hair out (not literally, but it was hard), I'd definitely say it was the most challenging that I've played. Then again, it came from an era when most games were deliberately tough as nails, and I respect that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom