• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Is Skyward Sword the Most Challenging Zelda Yet?

The tv commercial says that skyward sword is "the most challenging Zelda adventure yet" I disagree. What do you think? If you disagree with the statement, what was the most challenging game for you?

ShadowDiety

Nanomachines, son.
Definitely not, I think it's the easiest so far.

The 2D ones still give me trouble, I didn't grow up with that style. So I suck at them :lol:

MW7

No, I disagree as well. The only perspective I could see where this could have some truth might be for the 3d console games only, but I'd still say that it would be highly debatable (IMO Majora's Mask is harder). Out of the 13 games in the series that I've played, I'd say the first four games in the series, Majora's Mask, and Oracle of Ages are all more difficult. That would put Skyward Sword right in the middle for me at 7 out of 13.

Oh and the most challenging game for me was Adventure of Link.

Krazy4Krash

Staff member
Of course it's not the hardest. It's among the easiest in the series.
The 2D games tend to be the more difficult ones, with Zelda II undoubtedly being the hardest game.

Not at all. I would say it's one of the most challenging, due to the combat and such, but definitely not THE most challenging. I found AOL much more challenging. I also found oracle of seasons much more challenging. So it's maybe the 3rd most challenging (after those 2). Either that or MM. Or possibly ALTTP

It depends on what you define as "challenging". Are you refering to combat, puzzles, side-quests, or something completley different? If you look at it from the grand-scheme of things, I'd say it's probably the second most difficult game for the consoles, falling closley behind Ocarina of Time and I'd assume Majora's Mask (still haven't completed it, but I'd assume their similar in terms of gameplay). Combat in Skyward Sword is probably the most difficult, however their simplistic puzzle design and hand-holding techniques make it fall behind Ocarina of Time's free exploration and complex puzzles.

The most difficult Zelda game I've ever played was Adventure of Link.

Its not and I rank the difficulty of SS between ALTTP, LA, OOT, TWW, and TP (easiest) and Zelda I, Zelda II, and MM (hardest). SS difficulty is balanced just right where its not too easy but not too hard either.

Last edited:
majora's mask gave me some trouble, though I've never played the 2d ones. MM water temple boss killed me on multiple occasions.

It's extremely difficult to say since my Zelda skills have vastly improved over all this time which made SS far easier just because I had more experience. But even so I don't think it's the hardest. Probably out of all the 3D titles though.

iMadMax

Zelda Masta
They are exagerating way too much! It is definatly ot the most challenging game yet. I only died 6 times during my 1st playthrough of SS (3 deaths due to Demise) and I died 123 times during my 1st playthrough of ALttP. SS is one of the easiest in the franchise IMO.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom