• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Is Skyward Sword the Most Challenging Zelda Yet?

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Heavily disagree. Adventure of Link is easily the most challenging Zelda, and the point is proven since so many people are turned off not because of the RPG elements (that's just a cover) but because they cannot beat that game for the life of them. [I used to be one of those people]

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
There's a difference between "challenging" and "difficult". Challenging means "testing one's ability and endurance". Difficult means "not easily or readily done". SS is definitely the most challenging, as it tests all kinds of abilities to the max. It is definitely not the most difficult, though. That title belongs to Zelda II.

This isn't a bad thing, though. Games don't have to be insanely difficult in order to be good. I see way too many people complaining that Zelda is "too easy" these days. People, Zelda is a casual series. It may have the most hardcore of hardcore fans, but it's still a casual series at heart. Of course it's easy. If it were really difficult, not everyone could beat its games. Most seasoned veterans also know what to expect from the games, so they know what to look for in the puzzles and enemies and what not. The games are going to be easier to them due to this. SS, imo, actually had the ideal difficulty level for Zelda. Not too hard, not too easy. It was at a just right level where there was never a moment that felt boring nor a moment that felt frustrating due to the difficulty level, vastly due to its excellent pacing. Just grow up and quit complaining. Play the games and enjoy them.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom