• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Is Skyward Sword the Last Epic Game to Come to the Wii?

I believe a Pokemon game is in development for the Wii, and if Xenoblade comes to the US, we'll have that game to play.

Ikana

Trollkastel
I also heard that a Pokemon game could be coming out for the Wii but there hasn't been any news for it in awhile. If so then the Wii could have another major title coming out but if they decide to move the rumored Pokemon game to the WiiU then its likely that SWS would be the last major title.

Oh wait isn't there a Kirby game that is supposed to be coming out in the fall?

athenian200

Circumspect
a place of settlement, activity, or residence.
I think there may be one or two good titles coming to the Wii after Skyward Sword (after all, there are still several months between SS and the release of the Wii U), but that they haven't been announced yet because they don't want to take away from the publicity of Skyward Sword by talking about a new game.

They definitely want people to assume it's the last good game, so they'll be more likely to rush out and buy it. If you think there's going to be no more of something you like, that's often your first instinct.

ZeldaMaster

Lightning Farron
Just throwing this in there but I think it's the last Zelda game for Wii until WiiU comes out. Anyway there's plenty of epic games coming out such as Modern Warfare 3 which was confirmed:D

Big Octo

=^)
Depends on what your definition of 'epic' is. So, it's safe to say that we all think SS will be epic. With more games following, it all depends on your taste. So you like Pokemon? FPSs? It's up to you; what do you describe as epic?

Beeker

Wild Card
As far as the holiday is concerned, Skyward Sword, along with the new Kirby, are the only epic/most wanted games. I'm 100% sure just about everyone knows by now the Wii is dying out, so there won't be too many new games coming.
I never heard anything about a Pokemon game for the Wii, but who knows, it could be possible. From the end of this year to the release of the WiiU,which we still do not know the date of, we have not been told anything. Once the holiday rolls by, and surely when GDC rolls around, we'll know what else will help lead the Wii out.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Maybe, maybe not. Kirby Returns to Dreamland looks epic, and knowing Kirby's reputation, likely will be at least in my opinion. I don't know if KRD has a release date yet, but assuming it gets one anytime soon I doubt it'll be before SS' release date, which would mean that KRD *would* be the last epic game to come to Wii. That is my opinion anyway.

EDIT: KRD European release date supposedly is December 2011, which is far ahead of SS European release of November 18 2011. :3

LolGames4U

Viceroy of Area 11
I think the Wii should go out with a bang! In other words: Skyward Sword. :D If Nintendo's development plans go through, then the Wii U should come out next summer or whatever, and yep. I REALLY want Xenoblade to come to the US though!

As far as the holiday is concerned, Skyward Sword, along with the new Kirby, are the only epic/most wanted games. I'm 100% sure just about everyone knows by now the Wii is dying out, so there won't be too many new games coming.
I never heard anything about a Pokemon game for the Wii, but who knows, it could be possible. From the end of this year to the release of the WiiU,which we still do not know the date of, we have not been told anything. Once the holiday rolls by, and surely when GDC rolls around, we'll know what else will help lead the Wii out.

Its not just who knows, its been confirmed a while back. :D

I think it will definitely be the last worthwhile game on the system... and honestly the only games I enjoyed on the Wii were Nintendo franchise games.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom