• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Is Skyward Sword Link Ocarina of Time Link the Same Link?

F

fire link

how are Ocarina of Time link and Skywand Sword Link related how or how not

Don't know enough about Skyward Sword to judge if they are related or not, but they definitely are not the same... and I don't even think Nintendo will reveal if they are related or not anyways.

Beeker

Wild Card
Like Nick said, Ocarina of Time Link was born shortly before the game began, during the civil war that was going on. Since Skyward Sword is going to expand on the origin of the Master Sword. it'll have to be at least a hundred years before when Skyward Link is born.

As for their relation, it could be a possibility that SS Link could be a great great great grandfather to OoT Link, though I think that he will just be another incarnation of Link. This'll probably change when I hear more of the story. XD

lol, Skywand Sword :P
And no, he's not the same Link. There's no deeper connection between this Link and OoT Link
than between other Links, as far as we know.

Cuju

私はカウントダウンを実行します。
No, SS Link is an adult and Oot Link (child), well, he's a kid. Sooooooo....

DuckNoises

Gone (Wind) Fishin'
They are confirmed not to be the same Link. The Hero of Time was born near the end of the Hylian Civil War, before many of the races unified under the Hylian Monarchy. This unification is referenced by most of the races (with the exception of the Gerudo) having sworn allegiance to the Hylian Monarchy (hence the Triforce and need for the melody of the Royal Family) in most of the major areas of OoT. The only faction that did not unify under the Royal Family is the Gerudo, and Ganondorf is shown signing a peace treaty with the King of Hyrule near the beginning of OoT (for nefarious reasons, of course).

Skyward Sword takes place long before the surface of Hyrule was inhabited by humans (or so we're led to believe by interviews and the beginning of SS), so SS takes place hundreds of years before OoT.

Aero_Dynamic

エアロダイナミック
Not possible.
Skyward Sword Link is an... an.. "Adult Link". He's more like a teen-ager, like Ocarina of Time Adult Link, but seems a bit (a wee bit) older.
Your question is if OoT and SS Link are the same Link. This cannot be naturally possible in any way, seeing as how OoT Link, we start out as Link as a child.
Plus, SS takes place way before OoT, well, that's what I heard. But I can be sure that they're not the same in anyway (as said in above).

IHNo

The Other Side
I'm afraid not, seeing as how Skyward Sword takes place of what we can assume are hundreds of years before Ocarina of Time, so the two Links have no relation whatsoever. That is, unless SS Link turns out to be one of OoT Link's ancestors. But that has yet to be mentioned so there is no proof for it yet.

L

linkfan

of course not. if he was, how would he be an adult in SS, and a kid in OOT?

861f60b8_implied-facepalm.jpg

Nopity nope nope nope. I can't see how you'd come to that conclusion if you heard anything about the game. This Link is the oldest one featured so far and the Master Sword will be forged in the game. Both those indicate that it's a completely different Link from all the other games.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom