• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Is Skyward Sword a Good Game or a Bad Game?

Is Skyward Sword a Good Game or a Bad Game

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

• It is not the best but neither the worst game in the series

• Total voters
I almost liked everything about it except that Fi tells you things you already know and when you collect bugs, gratitude crystals ect. it tells you the description of them over and over. the only problem I had with the motion controls was when I tried stabbing monsters other than that I had no problem with it. I think SS could have been better though.

It beat MM as my favorite Zelda game. I thought the graphics looked great, I loved the cutscenes and the controls where near perfect. I loved the story more than the other games in the series.

Last edited:

Links Brother

I am Links older Brother!
I loved Skward Sword although it had many flaws. First off Skyward Sword is only for those who like Dungeons. If you prefer the gameplay in bettween than this isn't the game for you seeing as its like one big Dungeon overworld. However I loved the Dungeon like areas and the amazing story. I was very dissapointed with the Sky though. I expected it to be like Wind Waker's Ocean but faster to travel. Although the Sky had a good system of traveling there was nothing to do limiting the exploration aspect of the game. Anyways in my opinion dispute it's flaws it was still a superb Zelda game.

G

Ghiramise

My first Zelda game. An excellent first impression, and I hope to play more soon. It was an emotional roller-coaster, really, and animations were really impressive. I already feel nostalgic over a game I beat a few months ago, and the music was phenomenal.

Last edited by a moderator:
Being a zelda veteran since it has been on the NES, I have to say I love SS. The only negatives are lack of side quests, barren sky, and re-exploring. Also, the sword has a mind if its own. Overall a 9.8/10, a great game.

mαrkαsscoρ

Mr. SidleInYourDMs
ZD Champion
i had pretty high expectations and skyward sword disappointed me [VERY similar concept to ocarina of time]
it was still a fine game though

and if you dislike long cutscenes...play MGS4

R

Rekciel

Well, it's not the best of the zelda games but it is a really good game.

Well, there were some things (but I could say that about every game) that I found a little annoying... Fi... at many of times was just that... I mean, there are times she says "look there is a chest" .... "really?"
I didn't think the cut scenes where long and dragging though... I rather enjoyed the motion controls... and they are not that hard when you actually USE THEM THE WAY YOU SHOULD.... (I have noticed a lot of people when playing the game don't actually point it at the screen and they are like... "why is this not working?" you are not pointing it at the screen, thats why! :(
The music of this game are some of if not the best game in the Zelda series...
The text is a little slow... however the way that they are doing that is how fast a person would actually talk... this is a problem for those people that are on the rash side... but I must admit that it was very annoying in a place like the brazzarr when trying to get potions or something and you have to go throw the whole thing again and again... that was a little annoying... but other than that I didn't find any problems with that either... :)
The story was amazing... greatly so in the first half of the game... The characters and their personalities are amazing! You have to love Groose and Ghirahim... I mean really, they were pretty awesome characters...
Then there is the graphics thing... which are another GREAT thing, its not this "high def" thing, however I don't think a more realist or anything like that would have been good for this game... When things are farther away, like in real life... they do blended together... :)

KaeporaGaebora

TheOwlSage
I liked Skyward Sword, but it has too much filler content in an attempt to legnthen the game. It took me 50 hours just to be the whole thing 100%. I can beat Ocarina of Time 100% in, like, 14 hours. I overall liked the game, and felt it was very polished. The controls were gimicky, but fun to use. I still perfer classic control pad/stick plus buttons for games, but Skyward Sword didn't feel to off of what I love about video games. It has earned my #3 spot on my favorite Zelda games.

It has beaten OoT in my opinion. So that should answer what I think of it. =p

But really, this game has taken me by surprise! What an absolute beauty~! <3

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom