• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Is Skyward Sword a Good Game or a Bad Game?

Is Skyward Sword a Good Game or a Bad Game

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

• It is not the best but neither the worst game in the series

• Total voters

Squirrel

The Rodent King
I think it was the best game in the Zelda series. It had a lot of things in it that other Zelda games didn't. The most obvious one is that you can fly in SS but there are other things like the fact that if you don't buy anything in Beedle's Air Shop he'll open a trap door underneath your feet. The little things like that are what make me think it was the best Zelda game so far.

i personally didnt care for skyward sword much. there were things i liked about the game such as the beginning and i also liked girahims character. i also thought the silent realms were a good addition but overall the game was a disappointment in my opinion.

I can't comment on the full experience because I've not finished the game yet, but for now, I'm really enjoying it, not disappointed in any aspect thus far. I tend to avoid the build-up and hype surrounding games though, so maybe I didn't get my hopes up for something more than what the game delivers and I'm just enjoying it for what it does actually give?

Jimmu

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Overall for me Skyward Sword was a great experience.
I really liked how Link and Zelda's relationship was set up from the start, it really made you want to rescue Zelda more than in other games.
The music was great (excluding the way the harp was used) this games music will always be in my favourites.
The characters were memorable and all had their own distinct personalities.
The whole game was like a big dungeon which opened up many more challenges.
The game was a great length and was kept interesting the whole time.
I personally loved the artstyle and it really grew on me.
The controlls were not exactly 1:1 but they were pretty close and still easy to use.
Overall Skyward Sword is a great game, it cost me $120 (limited edition bundle) and it was worth every cent.

I do't believe it's a question of whether or not Skyward Sword was a good game-which it clearly was-but rather how it compared to the standards set by not only previous franchise installments but also the AAA titles of this past gaming generation.

Skyward Sword wasn't a perfect game however it certainly was a great one. The motion controls felt like a true expansion of the prototype builds that were Wii Sports Resort and Red Steel 2. When no external forces were exerted on the system, the motion controls were fine. I had some problems with the sword thrust at first but as I progressed those were mostly addressed. The overworld also generally fulfilled Nintendo's ambitions of blending in more puzzle dungeon-like elements. The sky though was a bit barren. Another complaint of mine is the harp which was arguably the weakest instrument in franchise history. The art style was not my favorite in the series but nevertheless felt fitting for this final great Wii title. Dungeons were well designed and I always looked forward to facing the final boss behind the door. Ghirahim was an extremely flamboyant and well-developed villain whereas Demise was an excellent juxtaposition to the demon lord in his wise words and overwhelming physical strength.

I don't think Skyward Sword will be the next Ocarina of Time but it certainly didn't need to be. Nintendo lived up to the anticipation of a five year wait with another excellent installment in the venerable franchise. Although the old text system now feels outdated especially when compared to other adventure behemoths like the Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim, it still holds up well to this day. Something that recent sequels like Uncharted 3 have been doing is differing too little from their predecessors. The item upgrade system certainly spiced things up and added a new layer of depth to the Zelda series if the motion controls weren't already enough. The stories behind each individual character also seemed to play a a larger role than any installment since Majora's Mask. That's what I like to see. The biggest quirk for me. however, was seeing the Tingle cameo as well as Nintendo's decision to once again have a net of some sort have a mesmerizing effect on the final boss. :xd:

As someone who has played all Zelda games since the NES days, I consider Skyward Sword near the bottom of the barrel of Zelda games. That's not to say it's a bad game, but for a Zelda game I consider it a huge disappointment. I did play the game three times and 100% it, and had fun doing so, but it didn't have the Greatness associated with most Zelda games. They could have really revolutionized the Zelda series, similar to what Ocarina of Time did, but they only did it halfway. I'm hoping the next Zelda game will bring the big changes that the series desperately needs.

It was a great game with good graphics and a detailed story line but u are correct considering the amount of time developing the game u think it could have been better

MiniMouseofPyru

The Notorious M.O.P.
Skyward Sword is a really good game. Nintendo really did a good job making it. There are some things Nintendo could've improved on, but SS is still a great game, I think.

HOW CAN U NOT LIKE CUTSCENES!! i can unterstand the fi thing but cutscenes! i thought they were awesome and i think the game is kinda pointless without cutscenes i mean like cmon!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom