• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Is Skyward Sword a Good Game or a Bad Game?

Is Skyward Sword a Good Game or a Bad Game

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

• It is not the best but neither the worst game in the series

• Total voters
I'm so spoiled by motion controls for a sword that I don't want to go back to pushing buttons. Absolutely revolutionary controls. I remember the first time that I played Wii Sports Resort, I drooled at the possibilities of a Zelda or Star Wars game. It turned out better than I could have dreamed of.

r2d93

Hero of the Stars
I thought that Skyward Sword was a great game, and I'd rate it my 5th favorite Zelda game to date.

Pros: Great plot, great graphics + feel, great music, good dungeons, good bosses, great items, acceptable difficulty level, great characters

Cons: Horrible overworld, Fi, introduced final boss too late, didn't feel like a Zelda game to me, felt too long, discouraging to play

Great game, and a solid Zelda game. Not great, solid.

I loved the controls of this game. It really spoiled me to the point that when I picked up Majora's Mask, I found the lack of control frustrating. I want more motion control like this. The beetle was awesome, bomb bowling was fun. The other tools were great and easy to use too.
The music was amazing, I have it in my playlist at work.

I loved it more than OoT. My favourite game of all time.

S

SaruKame2

Skyward Sword is my favorite with the exception of Ocarina of Time, the first Zelda game, Nintendo game, and videogame I played.

skyward is neither good nor bad its just ok in my opinion however the motion gimmick in my opinion has to go because its just downright frustrating always recalibrating it every 20 minutes. also the overworld was a huge disappointment and i wish there had been more exploration and open world goodness

Ok I really like SS, but I do however have some problems with it. First of all I think the wii motion controlls were not flawless. I did find myself frustrated a lot because the controlls simply didn't react, maybe this was due wrong placement of the the sensor-bar, I don't know, but this still ruined somewhat the experience for me. Also the overworld felt way too small to explore much. This time I didn't even bother to search for heartpieces, buggs and other collectables untill the very end. And then traveling.. that was really anoying, you couldn't simply warp from one to another place like before, you first HAD to return to the sky which I find unnecessary. It's overworld somehow felt like it wasn't complete, because nothing was connected.

But all in all it was a great game with lots of emotional moments and stellar dungeon designs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom