• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Ocarina of Time Is Rolling Really Faster?

onebizarrekai

gay energy
Well, sometimes I prefer rolling, and sometimes I prefer walking backwards. If I need to go somewhere and need to look forward, I roll. But if it's a moment like getting to Hyrule Castle at the beginning of the game, walking backwards works.

I usually never walk unless I really need to.

WulfLink

Hero of Legends
To coalesce what everyone else has been saying into one simple statement:
Fastest: Backwalking (Flat surfaces)/ Side Hopping (Upward inclines)
Side Hopping (Flat surfaces)​
Rolling (period)​
Slowest: Walking
I've actually tested this myself, and these were my results. They could be off by a bit, even though I tested them 3 times, going from one end of the horseback archery range to the other. I tested sidehopping on the upward incline on the nearby ramp in GF. :) Hope this helped. :)
If anyone wants to help me validate this, pm me with your results.

Despite it being faster, I don't roll places. Walking is much more fun.
Yeah, and I hate when I'm watching someone play (or a speed run) where all they do is roll around all the time. That quick yell Link gives off can get very annoying quickly.

G

gydders

Running backwards? 25 years of Linking around and it never even occured to me!
I like to roll but mostly in the overworld.

everettkagan

Major SS and Oot fan!
I got so addicted to rolling because it really is faster and i ended up doing it whenever i needed to get somewhere when I was being timed(like in the race with Dampe). I do think, though, that instead of rolling, zelda should stick to being able to dash like in SS because it is so much faster.

S

spike772000

Rolling is faster than running, but sidehopping is the fastest of all methods of moving except Epona.

Interesting idea, I never thought of doing that now I am sitting at work eager to go home and try that method out!

I always us the roll in OOT, but after playing SS I keep wishing the dash button was introduced early on in the series.

I prefer looking at the scenic landscapes than walking backwards. Mute buttons are always nice though when rolling

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom