• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Gen 1 Is Pikachu overrated?

Is Pikachu overrated?

• Total voters

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
He's the mascot for Pokémon. He is instantly recognisable around the world which is why he features prominently. I don't think he is overrated. I never hear anyone say how they just love to use Pikachu in the games and that no Pokémon is better than Pikachu.

VikzeLink

The Destructive One
Staff member
I wouldn't say overrated, but rather overused. It's almost always available/playable, no matter if it's a main line game or a spin-off. You can have something as your mascot and not use it everywhere.

Jimmu

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
He's the mascot for Pokémon. He is instantly recognisable around the world which is why he features prominently. I don't think he is overrated. I never hear anyone say how they just love to use Pikachu in the games and that no Pokémon is better than Pikachu.

Pretty much this.

I don't think I've heard anyone into the Pokemon series say that Pikachu is their favourite Pokemon but for those who are either new to the series, casually into some Pokemon stuff, or who aren't into the series at all, Pikachu is an instantly recognisable figure and thus it makes sense that he appears in a lot of marketing materials. Anyone who really knows Pokemon really well or even people who know a relative amount about the series generally don't talk about Pikachu in such a way that makes it overrated in my opinion.

GrooseIsLoose

Slickest pompadour in town
ZD Legend
In terms of anime, no.
I'm not experienced enough to comment about the games. I've just played Yellow until Lavender. But Pikachu was pretty decent. I'm pretty pissed that I bought a thunderstone but couldn't actually use it to evolve it into Raichu

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom