• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Phantom Hourglass Is Phantom Hourglass Worth It?

Cuju

私はカウントダウンを実行します。
I wouldn't go that far. It's nowhere near as good as the other handheld titles. It just can't stand up to games like Link's Awakening and The Minish Cap. It's still a great game, though.

A bad Zelda game is still an amazing video game, this is the truth...

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
A bad Zelda game is still an amazing video game, this is the truth...

Oh, I never said it was a bad Zelda game. I just said it was the worst of them. There's a difference. I give it an 8.4 as a Zelda game, which is still highly ranked. Everything has to have a top and a bottom.

I actually said something incorrectly before. Zelda II is the worst of the Zelda games as a Zelda game. Phantom Hourglass is the worst of them as an overall game. But still a great game. Like St. Anger with Metallica. The worst album, yet still great. (All those that listen to Metallica should know the significance of that analogy.)

Amen to that. That's how I feel about PH, too. TP falls under that claim as well :D

You say Twilight Princess is a bad Zelda game? Why? It's a great Zelda game. It's deserving of a 9.5 for both an overall game and a Zelda game.

D

dinolink80

Amen to that. That's how I feel about PH, too. TP falls under that claim as well :D
I've gotta agree. It was kind of bad, but it wasn't horrible. I'ts kind of like me having hamburgers with pickles. I hate the pickles, but the rest is awesome.

Cuju

私はカウントダウンを実行します。
I want to buy Phantom Hourglass now, but I don't have a DS and I don't have 250$ lying around! (:() Should I just pay for a DS and Phatom Hpurglass?

Unlucky Monkey

The Great King of Apes
Why? Because it's too linear, too easy, and we're too off topic!

Zelda games shouldn't be that ridiculously linear, in my opinion.

We don't have to go offtopic. Let's compare Phantom Hourglass and Twilight Princess with each other. Every old monkey will realise that Twilight Princess is the better game. And it is not even better than Phantom Hourglass, in my opinion, it is one of the most epic Zelda games ever created. Linear? Maybe a little bit. Easy? Not at all. It is in most parts a challenging game. Or maybe I'm just a bad player ;)

I agree to JuicieJ. But sorry, my comment should not criticize either of you two (Azure Sage, dinolink80). I'm just a guy who thinks Twilight Princess is a really great Zelda game ;)

I want to buy Phantom Hourglass now, but I don't have a DS and I don't have 250$ lying around! (:() Should I just pay for a DS and Phatom Hpurglass?

No. Phantom Hourglass is not worth buying the DS. You can also buy a 3DS (when you have saved enough money). You can play DS games too on the system. But I see, you don't ask for my opinion anyway :D

OcarinaHero12

OcarinaHero12
phantom hourglass is more than worth it,its a great game it exceded my expectations for a ds game,i personally think its better than wind waker. (thats just me so dont get mad at me if its not the same for you.)

ironknuckle1

Archer Extraordinaire
Hi everyone, this is my first post here.

I recently bought a 3DS, and it's the first time I've owned a Nintendo handheld since when my DS was stolen in 2007. Since my DS was stolen, I never got a change to play Phantom Hourglass, but now I have the opportunity to.

Is it Phantom Hourglass worth buying and playing? I've heard a lot of mixed opinions on it, as I have with most of Zelda games. My favorite game of all time happens to be The Wind Waker, if that helps. I've heard people complain about some dungeon you have to go to all the time, but I've also heard people complain about having to sail in Wind Waker, and I love sailing in Wind Waker. I've also heard the gameplay is really innovative, like how you draw the path of the boomerang. I watched reviews but I'm still not sure, so I'd like to hear what Zelda fans have to say.

Yes it is definitely worth buying and is a great zelda game. Its story and controls are new and different which is probably why I like it so much, but all in all it is a good game though at some points you will find it repetitive that doesn't take away from the fun.

D

dinolink80

phantom hourglass is more than worth it,its a great game it exceded my expectations for a ds game,i personally think its better than wind waker. (thats just me so dont get mad at me if its not the same for you.)
How is that possible? Wind Waker had better graphics, the game was more challenging (ex. The boss key was one room away from me but I couldn't find.), and most of all the story and battle mode were much better.

ケンジ

僕は準備完了しています!
Paranaque City, Metro Manila, Philippines
Phantom Hourglass is worth it.

Well, it's as easy as a cakewalk, bosses are predictable and the puzzles are super easy. I could beat the game within a day if I speed run it. The appeal here is that it attracts other players, usually new ones, and heck they get into Zelda because of it. So yeah it has the appeal to get more players in Zelda while at the same time being easy for them, it's a win win

Phantom Hourglass is okay. It sort of had the feel of exploration of Wind Waker on a much smaller scale. Also, the game is pretty easy and short. I would recommend skipping it unless you are a huge Zelda fan, which you probably are since you're here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom