• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Is Phantom Hourglass A Good Game?

Rating?

• 1 star

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 2 stars

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

lilwilly

Swordless Link
I'm thinking about getting PH for my DSi. Is It Worth the Buy? Tell me please.:thinking: ( my first poll I wanted 5 options but I do not know how to do it)

Kybyrian

I quite disagree with you, FierceDeity. I didn't find it that good at all for a Zelda game. That doesn't mean that it wasn't a good game, though. It was a great game, because Zelda games rise above the other games out there. It just wasn't that spectacular for a Zelda game.

It's been a while since I've played PH, but I can point out a few things for you.

The sailing is absolutely horrible. It's extremely boring and doesn't even allow you to look away from it. It gets to the point where you just want to walk away from it and let it sit there, but you can't do that, because then you'll die from whatever enemies/obstacles there are. There aren't enough of these to actually make the sailing exciting, though. It was very flawed in my opinion.

The difficulty is also another big factor to me. I feel that it was way too easy. I had less trouble with Phantom Hourglass than any other Zelda game, and I dislike that very much. I want a bit of a challenge from the games that I play, not to be able to breeze through it without even thinking about it.

Then finally there is the length of the game. This one really isn't as big as the other two, but it is definitely a factor. The game was very short, and not enjoyable in that short amount of time. I personally think it was better to make the game short, considering how bad that I thought it was. If they could have improved on the other two things that I mentioned, however, I would have really appreciated it being longer.

In all, I would suggest for you to get it. It seems that so many people have so many different opinions on it, so you may think very differently from me. If you do think like me, though, you should still have somewhat of a fun time playing it. Just not as fun of a time as you wish.

Z

Zora X

Get it the two Zelda game are near the top for the list of good DS games.

PhantomTriforce

I am a Person of Interest
PH is an excellent game. It is near the top of the DS games list. Now, compared to Zelda games, it's a different story. PH might not be the best Zelda game, but it sure is an excellent DS game.

Danlo

Daniel
PH is a really good game. It's a little too easy ( it has some moments when it's hard) and the Temple of The Ocean King was very annoying . But the story is OK, controls are good, only rolling is a little bad. And the ship controls are very good too

Meego

~Dancer in the Dark~
I loved Phantom Hourglass and seeing as you are thinking of getting it, here is my review.

Well. Phantom Hourglass was my first game and at that moment I though it was the best game I had ever played. But at that point I had no other knowledge of Zelda.

The control system was really fun and easy to use, it made a change from buttons and joysticks. There wasn't anything complicated about the controls and I found it really fun swinging the sword around.

The plot was well thought out and there is a cute and interesting story told at the begining that introduces you to the game and makes you chuckle a little bit aswell. There are of course fairies in the game and the plot and villains were excellent. (I am trying not to spoil it for you.) But the plot takes interesting turns and keeps you constantly playing through the game.

The dungeons were really fun and there were loads of puzzles and brain busters to solve to get through the dungeons. The items found there were also great, Link gathers lots of useful equipment. The Temple of the Ocean King also proves tedious and requires lots of sneaking around, but it is worth it at the end.

I also love Toon Link's character, his facial expressions are really funny and Linebeck with him makes the ideal team along with the fairies and Oshus.

There are a few down sides to this game, as there are to ever game out there, and those are only minor. I found the Phantoms a bit annoying and the way that the Temple of the Ocean King works is quite irritating but you can get past it and look back. I also found the music utterly dissapointing. The only other thing that bothers me is the time it takes sailing on the ship - but that isn't the first Zelda game with that problem.

So, yes! Go out and buy Phantom Hourglass. And I hope you enjoy it as much as I did.

Happy Gaming

~Meego7

Ninten*

BLOOOOOOOO
Honestly, I pretty much enjoyed PH and it made me a fan of Zelda. It was a test to see what the limits of the DS would be which is why parts of it were annoying. But when compared to ST, PH doesn't seem that good. There were parts that were challenging in PH, and there were parts that were interesting. But don't get me wrong. PH is a really good game and it's worth buying so you should definetly get it.

SheikahWarrior

Randomus Pervertus
It's good, but it's not the best. The dungeons are sort of unimaginative, the boating gets boring and tedious if you're going long distances and can't warp yet, and it's really easy, but the bosses are fun to do, there's lots of sidequests, and it has a brilliant story, so it's really about your personal preferences in a game.

I just started playing through it a third time a few days ago and I have to say its grown on me. It truly is a great game. You gotta buy it!

R

roflz567

it's a good game

yeah i have the game and i beat it.

ps the ending is funny

pss im new here

yeah i have the game and i beat it.

ps the ending is funny

pss im new here

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
It is a fun game. I don't think it is that great but hey it is a Zelda game and this alone makes it worth to buy ;) It is pretty easy to beat and it has some funny elements in it. Especially Linebeck and in a certain way Jolene too. I don't really mind about the Ocean Temple. Once you know the way you can pick up the charts very easily. It is fun to tease the phantoms. I just started to hit them again and again while standing at a safe spot and laughed my feet off

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom