• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Is OOT the Imprisoning war?

Skull_Kid

Bugaboo!
In the end of Ocarina of Time, Zelda and the sages say that ganon is gonna be inprisoned in the Dark Realm, not sacred realm... I beated it again yesterday, so i'm sure about what i'm saying

The problem with Ganon being sealed in OOT is that it happens in the adult timeline,but in ALTTP they talk about Ganon being sealed by the sages.
This means that ALTTP would take place in the adult timeline,but it would have to take place before WW,which is impossible.

Zemen

[Insert Funny Statement]
The problem with Ganon being sealed in OOT is that it happens in the adult timeline,but in ALTTP they talk about Ganon being sealed by the sages.
This means that ALTTP would take place in the adult timeline,but it would have to take place before WW,which is impossible.

if you dont remember, ill refresh your memory. in TP the sages talk to Link about how they captured Ganondorf and SEALED him in the TWILIGHT REALM. TP is in the child timeline, so im pretty sure that means that in the child timeline the sages sealed Ganondorf. Ganondorf gets sealed by the sages in both timelines. end of discussion. also there was no war in OoT that lead to the sealing of Ganondorf. i dont remember any war in OoT, actually, the only people really fighting for anything is Ganondorf for Hyrule, and Link to save Hyrule...doesnt sound like a war to me...

if you dont remember, ill refresh your memory. in TP the sages talk to Link about how they captured Ganondorf and SEALED him in the TWILIGHT REALM. TP is in the child timeline, so im pretty sure that means that in the child timeline the sages sealed Ganondorf. Ganondorf gets sealed by the sages in both timelines. end of discussion. also there was no war in OoT that lead to the sealing of Ganondorf. i dont remember any war in OoT, actually, the only people really fighting for anything is Ganondorf for Hyrule, and Link to save Hyrule...doesnt sound like a war to me...

If you payed attention to the actual story, it clearly says there was a war before Links time and a war while he was in the Sacred Realm. You even see a soldier die in front of your eyes when you return as an adult.

Zemen

[Insert Funny Statement]
i have absolutely no idea who you are referring to when you say "he" because this conversation is about two "hes" so you need to say names when you are talking.

if you are referring to Ganondorf, then you are contradicting what others are saying because they say that Ganondorf was not sealed in the sacred realm.

if you are referring to Link, then yes there was a war when he was in the sacred realm, hence Ganondorf being in power when Link is an adult, but Link, himself, is not apart of that war. the war is over when Link is an adult and Link was a baby when the original war was going on. Links adventures DURING OoT dont include any war that he was apart of. and my point is that Ganondorf gets sealed in a realm by the sages no matter what timeline youre talking about so i dont know why everyone is stressing so much about that.

i have absolutely no idea who you are referring to when you say "he" because this conversation is about two "hes" so you need to say names when you are talking.

if you are referring to Ganondorf, then you are contradicting what others are saying because they say that Ganondorf was not sealed in the sacred realm.

if you are referring to Link, then yes there was a war when he was in the sacred realm, hence Ganondorf being in power when Link is an adult, but Link, himself, is not apart of that war. the war is over when Link is an adult and Link was a baby when the original war was going on. Links adventures DURING OoT dont include any war that he was apart of. and my point is that Ganondorf gets sealed in a realm by the sages no matter what timeline youre talking about so i dont know why everyone is stressing so much about that.

Whoever said Link was in the war himself?

Zemen

[Insert Funny Statement]
ok forget about the stupid war. my POINT is that Ganondorf gets sealed into one realm or another no matter what Timeline we are talking about and someone was having a hissy fit saying that it only happens in the adult timeline which wouldnt make sense because of the back story of ALTTP and i was just trying to explain to that person that Ganondorf gets trapped by the sages in the child timeline too. end of story.

ok forget about the stupid war. my POINT is that Ganondorf gets sealed into one realm or another no matter what Timeline we are talking about and someone was having a hissy fit saying that it only happens in the adult timeline which wouldnt make sense because of the back story of ALTTP and i was just trying to explain to that person that Ganondorf gets trapped by the sages in the child timeline too. end of story.

I was not having a hissy fit.

Moosh_is_cool

Still a Moosh fan!
will you people STOP IT already?? the question on this thread was "is OoT the Imprisoning war?" and instead of answering the question you've created 3 pages of argument!

Zemen

[Insert Funny Statement]
i wasnt trying to create an argument. i was just stating that Ganondorf is sealed in both timelines by the sages after OoT. someone decided to turn my statement into an argument. not my fault.

The point that I was trying to make is that Ganon is sealed differnently in the two timelines.
In the child timeline the Sages send him to the Twilight realm.
In the adult timeline Ganon is sent to the Sacred realm.
In ALTTP Ganon is trying to escape from the Sacred realm(Dark world).
Some people think that OOT is the Imprisoning war which is ALTTP's backstory,but the split timeline masses that up.

Moosh_is_cool

Still a Moosh fan!
i wasnt trying to create an argument. i was just stating that Ganondorf is sealed in both timelines by the sages after OoT. someone decided to turn my statement into an argument. not my fault.

it doesn't matter whose fault it was, or whether you were trying to start an argument. what i'm saying is that there are 3 pages of arguments taking up this entire thread, and nobody was even answering the question.

Zemen

[Insert Funny Statement]
people definitely were trying to answer the question, and in the process of trying to answer the question, more questions arose. thats usually how things go when you are trying to come up with a solid theory. nothing is ever based on ONE question. you have to answer many questions, sometimes, before you can answer one question.

Zemen

[Insert Funny Statement]
you do realize that RIGHT NOW you are starting a completely new argument and are causing the thread to digress, once again..

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom