• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Is OOT the Imprisoning war?

OOT can't be the Imprisoning war.
If OOT is the Imprisoning war it would have to take place in the adult timeline,which means that ALTTP takes place before WW,but according to WW,when Ganon returns there was no hero to stop him and the gods had to flood Hyrule to stop him.

Zemen

[Insert Funny Statement]
If OOT did not happen then how did Ganon get sealed in the dark world?

what game are you talking about that Ganon is sealed in the dark world? are you talking about Oracle of Ages/Seasons?

in any case, you have to keep this in mind. there are gonna be many Zelda games to come and you have no idea what they games will be. for all we know, the next zelda game they come out with could have an ending where Ganon is sent to the dark world.

in OoT, Ganondorf is sealed in the sacred realm which is the temple of time. and when link goes back in time to live out his childhood (the other timeline), Ganondorf is sealed in the twilight realm. OoT never mentions a dark world at all or even hints to it.

The Sacred realm is the Dark World.
In ALTTP Ganon turns the Sacred realm into the Dark World when he touchs the Triforce.

Zemen

[Insert Funny Statement]
ok that happens in ALTTP, not in OoT. in OoT hes in the sacred realm which is NOT the dark world UNTIL Ganon touches the Triforce which is in ALTTP. OoT isnt the only game where Ganon is sent to the sacred realm/dark world and like i said before, Nintendo could come out with a game that will explain everything youre asking so you cant take anyone elses opinions so critically because eventually EVERYONE could be wrong.

ok that happens in ALTTP, not in OoT. in OoT hes in the sacred realm which is NOT the dark world UNTIL Ganon touches the Triforce which is in ALTTP. OoT isnt the only game where Ganon is sent to the sacred realm/dark world and like i said before, Nintendo could come out with a game that will explain everything youre asking so you cant take anyone elses opinions so critically because eventually EVERYONE could be wrong.

When was I critically?
Getting back on topic,the point of this thread is to figure out if the Imprisoning war has already happed or if it's going to in a future game.

Zemen

[Insert Funny Statement]
When was I critically?
Getting back on topic,the point of this thread is to figure out if the Imprisoning war has already happed or if it's going to in a future game.

i wasnt saying you were being critical. what i meant by that is that you cant take anything in the zelda games TOO to heart because some game could come along and completely destroy what you think about what happens in what game and in what order.

my guess is that the imprisoning war has yet to happen.

When was I critically?

i wasnt saying you were being critical. what i meant by that is that you cant take anything in the zelda games TOO to heart because some game could come along and completely destroy what you think about what happens in what game and in what order.

my guess is that the imprisoning war has yet to happen.

Last edited by a moderator:

Skull_Kid

Bugaboo!
the imprisoning war is the events prior to and during OoT
Another wrong statement!

The Imprisoning War is(at least until a new game comes out and disproves it) the events of Ocarina of Time... Ocarina of Time is usually the first game in the Chronologies and creates the split/loop time distortion when Link comes back to Childhood in the end of the game

Well...it would seem the Imprisoning War happened sometime before OoT. To back it up, I'll provide this...

"Some time ago, before the King of Hyrule unified this country, there was a fierce war in our world.
One day, to escape from the fires of the war, a Hylian mother and her baby boy entered this forbidden forest.
The mother was gravely injured... Her only choice was to entrust the child to the Deku Tree, the guardian spirit of the forest.
The Deku Tree could sense that this was a child of destiny, whose fate would affect the entire world, so he took him into the forest.
After the mother passed away, the baby was raised as a Kokiri. And now, finally, the day of destiny has come!"

from Oot...and

"In a period known as the Imprisoning War, the King of Hyrule brought seven wise men together to seal the door to the Golden Land, for Ganon's evil power had been spilling forth, causing corruption and darkness. The once peaceful land became a place of dreadful rumors of the coming of a magical enemy. At this time the Master Sword was forged, but there was no hero valiant enough to wield it."

ALttP

Skull_Kid

Bugaboo!
I completely forgot about that quote from OoT(need to replay the game soon), but that implies that are events prior OoT that are untold and need to be unraveled

Petman1325

Poe Catcher
My logical THEORY

Before I begin, blue text resembles OoT before Link's Sleep. Red text resembles OoT during Link's seven year slumber. Green resembles after his sleep in OoT.
Before his quest, there was a small race war where Link's mother fought, according to the Deku Sprout. During this war, she was dying and gave the Deku Tree Link, which could have ment that the Imprisioning War took place in the past. Then, once the Door of Time opened, people noticed the Triforce was there and fought to get in there. Ganondorf found this, the new race war began, and the other tribes suffered from Gannondorf's armies. Then, Link calmed down the armies when he came out of his sleep, and at the end, the war is done and over with.
And there you have it.:nerd:

But WW,TP,and the split timeline mess that all up.
The sealing of Ganon take's place in the adult timeline.
ALTTP mentions the war that sealed Ganon,but ALTTP can't take place in the adult timeline,because it would have to take place before WW.

Zemen

[Insert Funny Statement]
But WW,TP,and the split timeline mess that all up.
The sealing of Ganon take's place in the adult timeline.
ALTTP mentions the war that sealed Ganon,but ALTTP can't take place in the adult timeline,because it would have to take place before WW.

actually thats wrong when you think about it. in the end of OoT, Ganondorf is captured in the sacred realm by Zelda, Link and the sages. if you notice, this does not happen in the story told in TP. in the TP story, Ganondorf is captured but sent to a different realm so it is obviously a different story than the ending of OoT, so TP would be child timeline, WW would be adult timeline, and ALTTP would be after TP because the war that sealed Ganondorf is the war that was fought AFTER link goes back in time and tells everyone of ganondorfs plans and they try to capture him but it fails so a war breaks out and ultimately they send ganondorf to the twilight realm.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom