• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Ocarina of Time Is Oot Out of Date or Wil It Ever Be

OcarinaSword

Never Give up
Well this is a good question, but i do think it will never go out of date, because like you said it an awsome legend of zelda series.

And anyway it wont for a while anyway because of the new 3ds.
But what do you think about the new 3ds game the legend of zelda ocarina of time that is comeing out for the new 3ds! two new awsome things at once!

LolGames4U

Viceroy of Area 11
It's a classic game but I don't think it'll go outta date. I think OoT 3D will show it to a new generation of gamers and will spark some more interest in it.

I hate coming late to threads, my opinion always gets said before I'm able to say it. :<

In a sense, Ocarina of Time is very outdated. We can talk in many different ways, too. Mostly how the graphics are made. Modern gamers are used to modern graphics, and I've heard a lot of comments about how Ocarina of Time is a bad game because of the graphics. I think an opinion like that is really unfair because a lot of old games are very good, but I guess people will always have their own opinion. That also shows me that Ocarina of Time is, in fact, getting outdated. There are a lot of people out there that still enjoy the game and will play it over and over again and will never stop loving it because it never gets outdated in their hearts, but in the terms of modern gamers and the games they are accustomed to, the game is very outdated. Ocarina of Time was released long ago, and its time is long gone.

The same can be said with each passing generation, too. Games like the original Legend of Zelda, Adventure of Link, or games like Final Fantasy I, II, and old Mario games are now outdated as well. You can't expect modern gamers to pick up New Super Mario Bros. Wii and then go back and play one of the very first Mario games ever made; they just won't do it. The graphics don't appeal to them... and thus the game simply doesn't appeal to them at all. It feels weird. It's like a downgrade. There are a lot of people that can do that, but there are more who can't. The reason a lot of us don't feel that Ocarina of Time is outdated because we may have played it when we were very young, or when we did play it it was one of our firsts, or one of the better games we ever played. Most people went up from Ocarina of Time into an age of modern graphics, but people who start up here can't go back down as easily as we can.

With the slightly improved graphics we will be getting with the 3DS release of Ocarina of Time, I think that a lot of modern gamers will be drawn into it because it doesn't seem entirely low-scale in their judging of graphics. I say that Ocarina of Time 3D has a better appearance than games like Phantom Hourglass and Spirit Tracks by far, so modern gamers should be able to pick it up and play it just fine. That being said, there will also be a lot of gamers who play Ocarina of Time 3D and won't be able to stand playing the old Nintendo 64 version because of the graphics. That's just how things go. It really is getting outdated, but it will always go on in the hearts of the old fans.

For one, I completely agree with this. There's a lot of areas you can try to compare this in, graphics, story, playing ability, user friendliness, the list goes on and on. Ocarina of Time excels in a lot of these areas, especially now with OoT 3DS coming out, and them improving on most of these areas. What I find most often, is that things stay alive as long as people keep them alive. I don't think a game truly goes out date until the people who played them either forget about them, or no longer exist. Even at that, I believe it will be a game that stands out among others, as one that showed others how to make their games, and one that really gave a jump to a great series. It doesn't necessarily matter if newer games come out with better graphics or what have you, but the legend the game was, and how it changed the world and the gaming industry.

DuckNoises - Yes, graphics mean nothing. But sadly, the notion with most people still holds that graphics are a standard, and that if a game doesn't have good graphics, it sucks. You see it everywhere, the Wii is consistently pounced on for not having HD, every game from the 80's and 90's gets raged on for when it was made, you can't really change that, unfortunately.

Money-For-Nothing.jpg

And, awesome picture, btw.

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
I highly doubt it. Ocarina of Time has got to be among Nintendo's best works, and one of the most epic stories ever created. I highly doubt Ocarina of Time will become out-dated for quite a while, and with the release of Ocarina of Time 3DS, more people who have never even touched a Zelda game before may become hooked and become Ocarina lovers as well, thus further ensuring that Ocarina of Time will not become out-dated for many years to come.

Chilfo Freeze

Emma Jean Stone
Obviously in the sense of how many years its been since OoT was released, it is considered "out of date".
But when you compare OoT to any other video game with its technological advances at the time, and its plot/storyline and gameplay, it is surely not "out of date". As many others have said on here previous to me, OoT is very much a classic and will be remembered for a long time.

Escohobita

King of Those Who Know
No, OoT is not dated and it will stand the test of time. In the future, it will be remembered and appreciated much more than many "current" games.

43ForceGems

Quid est veritas, Claudia
I don't think OoT will ever get outdated because has LoZ gotten outdated after 25 years? If OoT was better at release than LoZ, then it's gonna be a popular game for over 30 years, which we're not even half way there yet. Also, because Nintendo will keep doing things like OoT3D.

Pen

The game is on!
Ocarina of Time is a true classic, and will always be! :eek:carina:
In my opinion it will never ever be out of date, because it's the absolute best game in history! :deku:

Everyone must play through Ocarina of Time at least ones in there lifetime! :fairy:

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom