• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Ocarina of Time Is Ocarina of Time Becoming a Bandwagon?

Any Legend of Zelda fan, or any gamer, would easily admit that OoT is a masterpiece and it is one of the best games created. Back when it was created you could ask anyone what was great about OoT and they would answer correctly every time. However since it is almost 13 years old now fewer and fewer people can answer this. I'm afraid that OoT is becoming just a bandwagon thing that if you ask someone the best game created they would just say, OoT and some of those people might not have even played it. If you ask me what makes the game a masterpiece, i would say the soundtrack, gameplay, puzzles, innovative equipment, great graphics for it's time (first 3d zelda game), and storyline. But nowadays most people couldn't tell you why it's so great. So my question is what made OoT great for you?

Ganondorf

"Dandori Issue"
What made it great? It was my first adventure game I played with a friend, that's what. It wasn't the gameplay itself, or any of that that made it great for me. Just memories.

I really don't think it is. There are plenty of newer gamers who probably have never heard of OoT, and the older ones who call it the best game of all time have usually played it. I'm not sure I'd even call it the best game of all time. I'd say it's second to Mario 64, because Mario has a bit more replay value.
Why did I really like OoT? Mostly the awesome sense of exploration you got from it, playing it for the first time. It was just so cool, not knowing anything about the game, to wander around Hyrule and have a whole world to explore that I'd never seen before. Something about it was just amazing.

CuccoFighter

時間の英雄
Well, for me it was the first Zelda game I ever played and I personally thought that going from young link to old link was absolutely amzing and I had never seen that done in a video game before. I also loved the dungeons. And, something that's actually kind of funny... When I first played it I was 5 years old. Since I was not smart enough to do the whole game by myself my mom printed out a walkthrough of the game and read the whole thing to me. She can still remember reading it to me too. I even have the game save leftover. This game is also never boring except for the parts in the beginning with young link but the game is still so much fun to play! Lately I've been playing this game on 3 different consoles! I went over to my friends house the other day and we made it all the way to the Shadow Temple in 1 sitting! I will always love this game and I think that I have the right to say that I am NOT one of the people just jumping on the band wagon I am someone who REALLY appreciates this amazing masterpiece and always will. Does that answer your question?
-CuccoFighter:cucco:

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
Maybe for some newcomers. But generally, no. I like it because it was my first Zelda game (and one of my first games, anyway) and what got me into the series. (And because it's totally awesome. Ocarina of Time 3D will prove that Ocarina of Time is the best game ever.)

T

TheNumberJ

I can see your point I know alot of people who say OoT is the best game in the series but can't seem to be able to say what was so great about it or what their favorite part. but it doesnt change how I feel about the game.OoT was the first video game I ever played. So for me it was the magic of being in this world with people and interactions and the thrill of adventure and finding treasure, fighting monsters and saving princesses. It was also the first zelda game I beat by myself without walkthroughs of friends. I've played it once a year every year since then. If it wasnt for OoT I probably wouldnt be playing games.And my favorite part of the game besides just the wonder of my first video game and its open-endedness would be the music especially sheiks theme.

If you ask me what makes the game a masterpiece, i would say the soundtrack, gameplay, puzzles, innovative equipment, great graphics for it's time (first 3d zelda game), and storyline.

Spot on. I'm a little less bothered about the soundtrack but the rest is spot on, and the reason I found OoT to be possibly the best game I've ever played. OoT is the only game I've completed countless times and not gotten bored of.

What I don't understand is people who claim games like Call of Duty or something to be the best game ever... maybe I'm missing something, I don't know. I just don't see the appeal to those when they're compared with the adventure and storytelling awesomeness of games like OoT.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom