• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Ocarina of Time Is Navi Annoying?

Is Navi Annoying?

• Uhm, OMG YEAH!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I don't find Navi annoying from about after you first meet Zelda as a child, After that she doesn't point of the clearly obvious, I mean.....come on.....How to open a door? o_O.....

Straying off of topic, I thought that Midna was by far the best sidekick, She was actually useful and you learnt about her history. She is a tad annoying at first but after you leave Ordon Village as a wolf and head to Faron I liked her, Now I like her from the start.

Navi was never useful except really for a few boss fights, Even then it isn't that hard to work out to do.

I suppose I should've clarified why I was annoyed with Midna. Her Character, I loved. It was the stupid fact that she was like the only character to have a full-time VA. Btw, was she speaking Japanese?

basement24

There's a Bazooka in TP!
I suppose I should've clarified why I was annoyed with Midna. Her Character, I loved. It was the stupid fact that she was like the only character to have a full-time VA. Btw, was she speaking Japanese?

She was speaking jibberish, but some people claim they can hear certain phrases both in English and other languages burried within her dialogue. It's not a reversed language track as many believe either. Personally, I have never been able to hear any of the English phrases people say they are hearing.

L

lmmc1992

I agree with Midna as a sidekick. She is the perfect example of what Navi should be.

midnightokami

Can I has cheese burger?
Navi isn't that annoying when you first start the game, since she tells you what to do when you don't know what to do next. Navi did actually helped me during the game since I really dunno what to do next. I really can't tell you how much I was stuck in the game. Ocarina of time was a really hard game for me the first time around, but I was really disappointed in the last 2 dungeons since the puzzels were easy... Thinking of which I really want to play Ocarinca of Time again! =^_^=

Immortal_One

Math is power.
I never found her as annoying as everyone said she was. Yeah, she always said "Hey! Listen!" and maybe in excess a bit, but it wasn't that bad in my opinion. I guess I learned to tune her out when I needed to.

x-Link-x

c o u r a g e ;
I never really found her annoying seeing as how I have tolerance for partner characters and such. I mean yeah sure, after playing the game once or even twice you don't need her anymore and yet she keeps ranting to you to tell you what to do. I mean sure its nice that she tells you what you need to do; but really they did have to do it that often? Does she need to remind you every five minutes that you need to save Hyrule? I wouldn't think so.
Her "Hey" and the "Listen" were adorable in my thoughts, I mean she has a small sweet voice, that's so cute. When you target an enemy, she again says "Hey" ad sometimes I can swear she says "Look!" I suppose that's her own way of saying "I have something useful to tell you about the enemy!"
Then I always wondered, if she lived in the forest, how is it that she always knows everything about the enemies that are outside of the forest? Either way, again, I'm thinking too deeply about it. <3

I find Navi very annoying.
Part of the problem with Navi is that she's too helpful.
Another problem with Navi is that she bugs you all the time, which gets really annoying when you try to do a sidequest.

It seems to me, that Navi was created to help people who are new to playing video games, which would not be a problem if there was a option to turn Navi off.

Waker of winds

Finally playing PH!
I think that all the sidekicks are useful. Navi is not all that annoying, just think in all the times she and all the other sidekicks had told you pretty useful info.

Think how hard the game would be without those characters helping you in your first play...

Also, some of them have interesting stories, like Ezlo and Midna. They're there, helping you, because they need you for their own purposes.

Ok, that's just me. I know there are some Zelda gamers that had listened to the sidekicks too much, and they are tired. Just remember that we all have our oppinions.

Navi is super annoying, if you don't listen to her she does not shut up. I hate that, I love OOT, but I hate Navi, she never did anything in the game for you, so I think that she is the most annoying character in OoT!

ChargewithSword

Zelda Dungeon's Critic
The first time, Navi is actually helpful because she knows what you have to do and you really don't.

The second and third time around is when she starts pushing your buttons, because you don't remember a lot of stuff from the first playthrough. But beyond that, she gets annoying. I mean, you know this stuff now and this fairy who interrupts you when she feels like it, saying "Hey" "Listen" is getting on your nerves. She repeats the stuff the majority of the time even though it's incredibly obvious when you get there. There's also the problem where she takes over your first person view and thus you either have to wait for her to finish or wait for her advice to appear. That's what I have to say about Navi.

F

ForestSheikah

She is annoying when you just want to play the game over or ignore the story to do something like the sidequests.

L

lmmc1992

The second and third time around is when she starts pushing your buttons, because you don't remember a lot of stuff from the first playthrough.

That is exactly how I feel. She should only be there when you actually need her. Like I said: Mute button!

We seriously dont need her for the basics, because we've all probably completed OoT several times, and need no help because we know what to do.

Evenstevenp

The Zelda Master
I do a lot of fan comics in which Link's ears bleed from Navi's ramblings, but I honestly don't think she's THAT annoying. I usually cannot tolerate her and get mad every time I play the game, though. Here's a re-enactment.

"Ok, finally, I made it to the end of the shadow temple!"
"Oh **** the boss killed me!"
"Oh well, let's get some fairies and come back"

5 minutes later.

"Ok, i'll play the Nocturne of Shadow to warp back..."
"Ok, i'm at the entrance."

Navi: "HEY LINK HAVE YOU PLAYED THE NOCTURNE OF SHADOW THAT SHIEK TAUGHT YOU YET"

"Yeah, i've played it twice already, you @$#%!!!"

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom