• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Ocarina of Time Is Navi Annoying?

Is Navi Annoying?

• Uhm, OMG YEAH!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

toonlink

Most Active Inactive User
:fairy::fairy::fairy::fairy::fairy::fairy::fairy::fairy::fairy::fairy::fairy::fairy::fairy::fairy::fairy::fairy::fairy::fairy::fairy::fairy::fairy::fairy::fairy::fairy::fairy::fairy::fairy::fairy::fairy::fairy::(:fairy::fairy::fairy::fairy::fairy::fairy::fairy::fairy::fairy::fairy::fairy::fairy::fairy::fairy::fairy::fairy::fairy::fairy::fairy::fairy::fairy::fairy:

Mute Requested

Last edited:

Tony

Stardust Crusaders
I didn't find Navi all that annoying. My first time playing the game I thought she was pretty helpful throughout the game. The other times I played the game, I was a little annoyed to hear what I already know, but I didn't mind it all too much. In all honesty, I think Navi is one of the less annoying helper characters in the series and I thought her advice was helpful for the most part.

Navi does not tell me when I'm running low on hearts... when I already know I'm low on hearts. She also does not tell me when my Wii Remote's batteries about about to die when I can clearly see they're about to die. She is therefore not all that annoying to me. In fact, I found her rather helpful my first playthrough of OoT way back in the day. Subsequent playthroughs, not so much, but she's no Fi.

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
I feel so disappointed whenever I see a thread like this or see a fellow Zelda fan complain about this. Navi is not annoying at all. Not at all. It's so over exaggerated it makes me sick. Navi's "Hey! Listen!" is not annoying at all, and if it bothers you so much just shut the volume off. And to the person who complains that she stops you too much for stupid things in the Great Deku Tree, I'd like to point out that she stops you for about four to five seconds tops. That's not long at all, and certainly not long enough to incite any ill-will. I'm sure you're not in that much of a rush.

In conclusion, Navi is not annoying. All of the ill-will and hate towards her is just nothing but tiny complaints that have been over exaggerated to the point that they look like a game-ruining experience. It's just like all the hate I've been seeing for Fi; she is not that bad.

I think Navi is pretty annoying, in the same way that every support character in the history of the Zelda series has been pretty annoying. I think it has been pretty over exaggerated, but having her stop you to tell you how a door works is pretty obnoxious. I personally don't feel that she is annoying enough to earn the reputation she has (that reputation should belong to that tiny subhuman freak, Midna).

skullkid

The Rising Legend
I was actually ok with Navi but only because she was basically an encyclopedia of monsters. The only thing I didn't like was her reminding you what to do every couple of minutes.

Navi is simply not annoying. How often does the fairy truly intervene? Not very often. Only the disillusioned would find Navi to be annoying. What you truly have is one of the most memorable and caring supporting characters in franchise history. To be frank, an assistant such as Fi is much more annoying with her mechanical voice but even that's bearable. Navi is one of the most cherished characters from arguably most people's most remembered Zelda game and Ocarina of Time wouldn't be the same without her. Navi was a great step forward for the series and a template for future helpers and such frivolous and superficial matters don't deserve to tarnish her reputation. Ocarina of Time is a blueprint for perfection.

Navi does not tell me when I'm running low on hearts... when I already know I'm low on hearts. She also does not tell me when my Wii Remote's batteries about about to die when I can clearly see they're about to die. She is therefore not all that annoying to me. In fact, I found her rather helpful my first playthrough of OoT way back in the day. Subsequent playthroughs, not so much, but she's no Fi.

^ Haha! Yes, that's for sure!

I used to think Navi Was annoying too........But then I had Fi O_O

^ LOL to this! :P

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
Both Fi and Navi could get annoying at times by giving you information you don't really needed to know since you could clearly see it. But I also had to laugh about Navi. When I went to the Haunted Wasteland Navi called me to tell me we had to go to the Desert. I was like: yea right, where do you think I am? And then I used it as a good laugh.
Navi is very helpful when you first play the game but of course when you played the game more than once you already know what to do. Some people find her annoying and some people don't. That is called opinion guys. Because someone hates her or dislikes her and you don't doesn't mean we all have to feel the same.
I think she can get pretty annoying yeah but you can ignore her by not listening to her or not press that button

Myriadviper42

Fulcrum Agent
I somewhat found her annoying, because she kept on pestering me about it. At least with Fi she stops after a while. The enemy targeting was helpful though. So....I dunno.

M

Midna123

Yes why do you think my name has navi hater in it you are a kookobird if you like her she sucks why was she even invented why would link even go looking for her

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
Yes why do you think my name has navi hater in it you are a kookobird if you like her she sucks why was she even invented why would link even go looking for her

Everybody is entitled to their own opinion. Because you hate her won't give you the right to ask the same from everybody. Be a bit more careful what you post here

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom