• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Is My Wii/Wiimote Busted?

BoxTar

i got bored and posted something
Not sure if this should go here or Tech Help, but it felt more fitting here.

For some reason, the cursor on the screen on my Wii is incredibly jerky. Like, annoyingly jerky. I try to move it anywhere and it jolts one place, then back. Its a bit hard to describe, really, but its twitchy when my hands are not. I've got Wii Motion Plus on it, and I checked the calibration and those two flashing dots are steady, even when I move around. Its just on the home screen and on certain games (Like Metroid 3) where I seem to br having a very jerky cursor.

Is there any way to remedy this, or is my tech faulty? Is this a fault of my Wii, my Sensor Bar or my Wiimote? Thanks for any answers or advice anyone may have :D

sailormars109

Finding Love by the Moon
My Wiimote does this sometimes. It's the sensor bar for me. Just make sure it's in a clear area where nothing will get in the way of it.

BoxTar

i got bored and posted something
Well, my sensor bar is placed on top of my television, and there is nothing obstructing it. I even dusted it lately, but used no chemicals or water, just a dry cloth. Any other thoughts?

some times bright lights that send out infrared light can confuse the WII remote, so can bright sunlight. one time i was playing a WII game and i had my window open, and the sun was shinning bright in my window and i noticed that the Pointer on the wii was going crazy, jettering and jumping around the screen, when i closed the window (thus blocking the sun) the pointer returned to normal. so try playing with no lights near the sensor.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom