• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Is Mario on drugs?

Djinn

and Tonic
I always thought this was annoying that this was always the goto excuse whenever anyone has a discussion on how would a new Mario movie or series play out. Way too many people claim "Drugs, Mario and Luigi are getting hiiiiigh!!"

When the blunt fact is that if there are no magic mushrooms then people would not come to this conclusion. Just one of a hundred different powerrups was removed and the whole theoretical dynamic is gone.

DekuNut

I play my drum for you
When the blunt fact is
Hee hee hee
Drug jokes

I've always considered the possibility, and a friend of mine in high school actually talked about making a fangame where you play as Mario without the delusions - a grungy man running through the sewers and collecting drugs.
However, I'm pretty sure it's untrue. It just doesn't feel like something Miyamoto would do. The use of mushrooms was probably based on the theme of the kingdom (Princess Toadstool, the Toads, etc) and more than likely have some cultural significance somewhere that we are unaware of.

You don't see and experience the things he's experienced/lived through and NOT be on drugs the whole time!

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
When the blunt fact is that if there are no magic mushrooms then people would not come to this conclusion.
If there were no drugs then people would not come to the conclusion that there were drugs? Of course they wouldn't. Mushrooms may be one of many powerups but they are the main powerups and a staple of the series.

However, I'm pretty sure it's untrue. It just doesn't feel like something Miyamoto would do.

Miyamoto had drugs in Zelda as well, let us not forget this...
Ch%2013-47%20Odd%20Potion.bmp

It clearly is designed to look like a rock of heroin
heroin.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom