• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Is Mario Kart Worth It?

I played the hell out of Mario Kart for the DS and the new Kart customizations are not very appealing to me. The only thing that looks fun is the wi-fi but does that get old fast?

guapo2003

The incomparable legend
Well, definitely everyone has their own opinion on each Mario Kart game. And honestly I thought that Mario Kart 7 was by far the weakest Mario Kart game yet. I personally didn't care much for it, and not because of the kart customization, but the game play was absolutley terrible. Sure the courses were all new and cool, but the Rubberbaanding on the the AI was ridiculous. Even when you think you are in a pretty good lead in 1st, as soon as you get hit by a Blue Shell, you'll find yourself all the way back in atleast 6th or 7th place and won't be able to catch back up. The item spamming the AI uses doesn't help either, since you really can't avoid it. Of course I'm saying this with you racing on 150cc. 50cc is a joke and 100cc isn't that bad. I haven't played it on Mirror Mode yet, and I probably won't.

This game is either loved or hated. Even though I tried to play it for as long as I could, you'll find yourself getting bored really easy especially when and if you start farming for coins to get your next kart customization. However, though the online play is fairly good and that is by far the best point in this game. This game is nothing like the DS or Wii version as they were, in my opinion, MUCH better! But hey I'm not going to discourage you from buying it, because it is worth it in the end. It's just really annoying and frustrating.

Pinhead101

Pokemon Master
Bad
The single player is disappointing. I have already 100% the game and I found I was more frustrated with it than actually enjoying it. I found the difficulty annoying: 50cc and 100cc were both really easy and really boring and then 150cc and mirror were very challenging. There was no medium.The AI seems to have a lot of luck in the grand prix. There is no vs mode so If you want to race by yourself you'll have to do it in the grand prix and go through all four tracks. Also since you played DS you might have expected some sort of mission mode but unfortunately in MK7 it doesn't exist. If you don't have friends with a 3DS or MK7 or wifi connection you will get bored quickly with the single player.

Good
The multiplayer is where MK7 shines. I have played a solid 80 hours since I got it a few days after Christmas. Playing with friends is a blast and even versing strangers is really fun. You'll always want to play more to improve yourself as it becomes quite competitive. Communities are cool too especially if you have a lot of friends or belong to an online group. The 3DS also downloads ghost data automatically via spot pass so you can compare your best time trials with the best in the world. Streetpass functions are cool and you have to option to race people you've streetpassed online as well. The physics in MK7 are better than in DS - it plays a lot better. The graphics are a lot better than DS (obviously) although the 3D effect doesn't add much. The new items are pretty cool and the new characters are welcome too. You might also like the motion controls.

In the end it's your choice but I would say if you have friends with the game or a 3DS (download play) you will have a lot of fun. Also if you plan to play online you will not be disappointed. However, without any of the multiplayer aspects it's not a very good game. I would advise getting it as it's not too expensive and you will have heaps of fun :3

If you play on the Wi-fi its fine, but you need to unlock all the cart customisations you can as everyone will be using really powerful carts. For a single player game it can be enjoyable until the computer gets that lucky blue shell, followed by a lucky red shell that knocks you into a banana that causes you to fall off the track and throw you into last place (That has happened to me). I also agree with some of the earlier statements saying its the weakest mario kart release. However to you who say its the weakest I only have two words for ya, Super Circuit.

Mikau94

Zora Warrior
I just picked my copy for $12 :D and it is worth every penny to me. The wireless is great fun (except for Maka Wuhu) and adds a new degree of challenge to the game. One problem is that the blue shells are as bad as ever so you have to play smart and hang around 2nd place and try to pull ahead in the end. The new tracks were well designed and the Kart customization is actually kinda fun. If you like racing games or any of the Mario Kart games, you should really pick this up.

i enjoyed much more than the DS one to be honest, although the rubberbanding of the AI was annoying it didn't bother me to much and i really liked the addition of the underwater and air driving features. the WI-FI multiplayer is really awesome as well. i defiantly recommend you pick it up if you like mario kart.

shaymin1

Derp.
When I played it I thought the game play was actually a lot better then Mario Kart DS.

But maybe its just me.

I think it's a pretty good game. Single player mode does get boring after a while, but Wi-Fi is lots of fun. :)

Much better than the DS one but I think they could have done better though. It was still a great game but I haven't played it in quite a while.

TF/HH

TwilightFlame/HylianHero
I hate MKWii. It's all based on luck with the power-ups. DS actually required skill. MKWii just sucks. The tracks and characters are awesome, but playing the game itself is horrible.

IHateAnts

Chaos Kourney
Personally the game really bores me. But it can get pretty entertaining if you have someone else to play against.

Mariokart 7 is amazing on 3DS, but you may get tired of it quickly. I really enjoyed it, so I recommend it. The online play is really fun, and the new courses is really amazing!

I really wanna get it, but my brother in the US bought a 3DS for me and im in AUS so i gotta get it shipped here........but im still gonna get it cause its MARIO KART :DDDDDD

to be honest, i was thinking about that too. yeah it was so much more fun in the olden days :( but now, it's not all that new

C

CWP

multiplayer is really where mk7 does shine. i think i still prefer mk64 with friends locally, but mk7 is certainly my second favorite mario kart game.

mario kart 7 is a great game. the courses are fun, and the underwater and hanglider elements and a excellent new twist to the series. if you play enough in 150 you will get computers that will use lightning while you are over jumps, but if you pay enough attention to your map you can also use these items to knock out those in first. personally i dont strive to set down record times with ghost data, but if that is your thing mk7 has a very sophisticated streetpass feature for you. the racing is great. battles i do not enjoy as much as mk64, but they are ok. buy it for the racing, and predominately the online multiplayer racing.

as for mario kart wii i did not like the idea of moving a wiimote for my racing controls. it took away from my sliding. i didnt feel like i had as much control as i do with a control stick.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom