• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Majora's Mask Is Majora's Mask Unique?

Do you find Majora's Mask a unique game in the Zelda Series?

• Very Unique

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Unique

• Neutral

• Unoriginal

• Very Unoriginal

• Total voters
E

Excel

In my opinion, Majora's Mask isn't actually a Zelda game, because Zelda has almost nothing to do with the game. Her only relation is teaching you the song of Time in a flashback. So, how did this game turn out to be a Zelda Game? The actual story about the series is supposed to be Link saving Hyrule. Too bad the developers forgot about this and decided to make the game about saving the princess from the bad guy. :dry:

Anywho, that is the reason this game is so unique. This game is about saving Hyrule (Otherwise Termina in Majora's Mask), but not from evil Ganon. It's about saving Earth from total destruction in three days before the moon crashes because of the Skull Kid thief using Majora's Mask's sacred power.

In fact, there is ALMOST NO OTHER REFERENCE TO ZELDA AT ALL. There is no princess governing Termina. There is no major evil villian, either. Only the imp that stole the mask. The game is the farthest from the series, in my opinion. This is probably the reason I like the game so much; because of its unique nature and how it's something totally different from every story or game I've ever played or heard of. Majora's Mask is probably the only reference to a monster slowly dragging the moon to Earth. In fact, other than theories, the moon crashing into Earth is probably unheard of.

I enjoy this game, but having to reset the game often kind of annoyed me, but I just have to get over it. I also dislike how you have to return to the owl statue every single time, rather than just going back to the owl statue if you quit. But other than that, I really enjoy the game's unique aura and gameplay. :)

It had a completely different feeling. There was always something hanging over me while i played it (Literally and figuratively). It was like everyone was putting on a show the whole time. It fake in an eerie way, like it was all in Link's mind

Awesome

The Creepy Uncle
That is a terrible reason for a Zelda game to not be considered a Zelda game. Have you every played Link's Awakening, Oracle of Seasons, or Oracle of Ages.....No reference to Zelda in slightest. Majora's Mask is not unique at all in the aspect as you aren't saving Hyrule in them either. There are actually many Zelda games that are not featured in Hyrule

E

Excel

That's not what I mean. I just think it's a great game because of its being unique. I'm not saying I like it above the others just because it isn't about saving Zelda. I'm trying to say that I find it a unique game, and that you can do something other than what almost every other Zelda game is about. Out of all of the games I've played, only two weren't directly about saving Zelda from whoever kidnapped her/wants to kill her. Zelda II and Majora's Mask. Zelda II WAS about saving the princess, but not on the scale of the original game. You had to wake her up by getting the Triforce of Courage to complete the Triforce. But after Ocarina of Time, Nintendo didn't realize that just because millions of people liked the game, doesn't mean that they'll like the same story with alterations made to it. It got really boring after a while because it was more about Zelda instead of Link. I hope I've cleared things up a bit.

I would have to disagree and consider Zelda 2 saving the princess but anyway now onto the games without Zelda....

I think only Majoras Mask and Link's Awakening (oracle games do have her if you played a linked game). You could argue Phantom Hourglass has Tetra not Zelda but thats kinda weak because Tetra is Zelda...

Ok So yes out of all 16 games Links Awakening and Majoras Mask. The others have Zelda in them being saved somehow.

Anyway I agree that Majoras Mask is the most unique of any of them because you have to save an entire land being smushed by a big moon. The total destruction is not in any other zelda game. Majoras Mask is the equivalent of a nuclear bomb destorying everything. Then again Links Awakening does have total destruction but ok its different then everyone dying by a moon.

Mrflamexd3

Wind Waker!
It has the same style of Zelda gameplay wise, but every Zelda game is unique in it's own way, whether it's Graphics or Story, or something else.

I

Ironknuckle

I think MM is highly unique and one of if not the best storyline in the series However, when I read that it is termina is a parallel world to hyrule i thought that was a pretty weak explanation I mean if termina is a parallel world how does links ocarina of time change time there?

D

darkblack3

It is very different from the rest of the series, different can be good tho :)

It is very different from the common zelda games, the story is twisted and unique. But this is what makes it's charm! I loved majora,s mask because it was so different and well-made.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom