• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Majora's Mask Is Majora an Idiot or Just Overconfident?

Ganondork

goo
Seriously, think about it. Majora gives you the Fierce Diety's Mask, which houses the spirit of an incredibly powerful immortal god-like demon who carries a giant magical sword that shoots powerful energy blasts, and expected to win.​
Majora might not be stupid, he just might be arrogant. Maybe since he is a mask and so is the fierce deity, he might not have realized its raw strength and ability. Think about it, you play games at a higher difficulty just to test yourself and come out victorious. Is that any different from what Majora was doing? Sure, that was real life for him and games are just - well games - for us. It is still technicallity.

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
Majora might not be stupid, he just might be arrogant. Maybe since he is a mask and so is the fierce deity, he might not have realized its raw strength and ability. Think about it, you play games at a higher difficulty just to test yourself and come out victorious. Is that any different from what Majora was doing? Sure, that was real life for him and games are just - well games - for us. It is still technicallity.

You make a good point. But the fight was pretty much just a "game" to Majora, or at least it was in the manga.

And by overconfident, I meant arrogant. So, yeah. He probably was just arrogant.

zeldahuman

Graphic Designer
yeah, i just think he's WAY too over-confident. i mean, you gave away all you're masks just to get the Fierce Deity Mask, so he probably assumed that one mask would be nothing compared the his "Awesome" power.

so... yeah... just WAY too cocky...

I don't think that Majora is an idiot or overconfident. I think that Majora is insane. Overall it's hard to understand Majora since we know so little about him.
In a way I get the feeling that Majora is like a child and just wants to play with people, but he doesn't understand right and wrong. I think that he thought that making the Moon fall was a game. In fact Skull Kid was probably the perfect host for Majora since they both seem to be jokesters.

Din Akera

Sniper
Ever thought maybe Majora wanted to be stopped? I personaly wouldn't want to live Majora's life. Think about it. He is completely overpowerful and has no real purpose, especially after being cast aside by the ancient tribe who felt he was too powerful to be of use. Yeah, maybe he wanted to reek havoc on Termina becuase he was evil and was angry about the whole deal, but that doesn't mean he had any will to live or desire to continue. Really, think about it. He was going to bring the moon down on top of the clock tower, crushing the world, the moon, and him. The only reason it stopped was becuase Link called the giants and stopped it. So, plan B was have this kid destroy him.

And as to the statement about the fight being all a game to him. I think it absolutely was. Everything Majora and Skull Kid did together had somewhat of a playful nature to it. All skull kid wants is a friend and someone to play with. I think this legitimately came out in his actions but Majora made them malicious and 'evil' acts.

You may disagree with me harshly, but don't you think it could be a possibility?

dadude1200

hero of...uh... somthing.
well i have had this 'two majoras' theroy.. one majora is the evil moon crashing one and the other is the moon child. the child thinks its a game but his incarnation being the evil one, he treats it as lie and death. but, becuase the evil one is merly like an avatar, his death is of no consequence. :)

Retsdob

Retsdob
I believe it is the skull kid who influences majora's personality to an extent, making him feel like it's a game so to speak. I think Majora might have been able to see Link as a threat, but skull kid went all vegeta during the cell saga and wanted a bit of a challenge, or just didn't even think about it.

Sonicbowling

BOOMSHAKALAKA!!!!!!!
I remember reading somewhere that the Fierce Deity Mask may have been more evil than Majora himself. So, Majora may have tried to just destroy the FD Mask because it was more evil than himself. So, I think this falls under overconfident.

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
Ever thought maybe Majora wanted to be stopped? I personaly wouldn't want to live Majora's life. Think about it. He is completely overpowerful and has no real purpose, especially after being cast aside by the ancient tribe who felt he was too powerful to be of use. Yeah, maybe he wanted to reek havoc on Termina becuase he was evil and was angry about the whole deal, but that doesn't mean he had any will to live or desire to continue. Really, think about it. He was going to bring the moon down on top of the clock tower, crushing the world, the moon, and him. The only reason it stopped was becuase Link called the giants and stopped it. So, plan B was have this kid destroy him.

And as to the statement about the fight being all a game to him. I think it absolutely was. Everything Majora and Skull Kid did together had somewhat of a playful nature to it. All skull kid wants is a friend and someone to play with. I think this legitimately came out in his actions but Majora made them malicious and 'evil' acts.

You may disagree with me harshly, but don't you think it could be a possibility?

I actually agree more with this than I do with what I wrote.

I remember reading somewhere that the Fierce Deity Mask may have been more evil than Majora himself. So, Majora may have tried to just destroy the FD Mask because it was more evil than himself. So, I think this falls under overconfident.

That makes sense. Majora said, when giving Link the Feirce Diety's Mask, "Let's play good guys and bad guys. You can be the bad guy.", so what you're saying here is actually suppoerted by what happens in the game itself.

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
I don't think it's that Majora is giving it to you, it's that getting that mask is a reward for collecting all of the masks and giving them up. However, the question is valid. I would assume he is overconfident. I mean, he was bringing down a giant moon with a freaky nose bigger than Ganondorf's. There's no way he would think he could be defeated.

Xinnamin

Mrs. Austin
I see Majora as a deranged demon of destruction and chaos with the mentality of an insane and disturbed child. You know how kids don't really care if what they're playing with is dangerous as long as it's fun? That's how I see Majora, only 1000x worse. I think he seeks out destruction and fun and destruction FOR fun, and to him everything he does is a game in itself. The Fierce Deity mask is super powerful, also capable of great destruction. I'm not sure if Majora went into his "game" with the intent of "winning" so much as just to cause some chaos and dance around in the wake of destruction, like a kid who doesn't know what he's getting into but does it anyways just for the fun of it. I mean, if he really is deranged and insane, I doubt he'd take the FD mask's ability to destroy him while in Link's possession into account when initiating a game.

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
I don't think it's that Majora is giving it to you, it's that getting that mask is a reward for collecting all of the masks and giving them up. However, the question is valid. I would assume he is overconfident. I mean, he was bringing down a giant moon with a freaky nose bigger than Ganondorf's. There's no way he would think he could be defeated.

Good point. If I could make something with a bigger nose than Ganondorf(o_O), I would be pretty overconfident too.

I see Majora as a deranged demon of destruction and chaos with the mentality of an insane and disturbed child. You know how kids don't really care if what they're playing with is dangerous as long as it's fun? That's how I see Majora, only 1000x worse. I think he seeks out destruction and fun and destruction FOR fun, and to him everything he does is a game in itself. The Fierce Deity mask is super powerful, also capable of great destruction. I'm not sure if Majora went into his "game" with the intent of "winning" so much as just to cause some chaos and dance around in the wake of destruction, like a kid who doesn't know what he's getting into but does it anyways just for the fun of it. I mean, if he really is deranged and insane, I doubt he'd take the FD mask's ability to destroy him while in Link's possession into account when initiating a game.

Even better point. Much more likely.

Nicole

luke is my wife
That makes sense. Majora said, when giving Link the Feirce Diety's Mask, "Let's play good guys and bad guys. You can be the bad guy.", so what you're saying here is actually suppoerted by what happens in the game itself.

Even though I haven't finished the game, I've done my fair share of research and do know what happens at the end. The four Moon Children are, well, children. Here is my theory, probably unconfirmed, but whatever. What I believe:

1. Majora is the deity within the mask. The deity itself is an evil, probably unstable creature. But it is still sealed in the mask.
2. The Moon Child that wore Majora's Mask has a childish mentality. It probably didn't know that "playing" meant "killing," or that the Fierce Deity's Mask had the great powers it did.

Seeing as how the Moon Child didn't know the powers the Fierce Deity Mask possessed, it might have thought it was alright to lend it to Link. It was only looking for a friend.

EDIT: r u srs? I just got triple ninja'd. Basically what Xinn said.

insanity76

I don't suffer from it ..
It's also possible that Majora simply underestimated Link. She/He thought that giving Link the FD mask would turn him evil (obtaining all the masks requires doing a lot of good deeds for people, and Majora wouldn't stand for that in her/his chaotic paradise so she/he tried to force Link to join the 'dark side'), but being a destined hero, his willpower for the sake of good superseded the FD mask's evil.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom