• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Is Link Too Pretty? Not Tough Looking Enough?

WeeGee

TheHeroOfTime
33jmejn.jpg

That's my desktop background now.lol I can't wait to see a Youtube poop with this version of Link. I'm just sayin'.

On the topic of Link's face, I think it suits him well, because Link isn't a big buff motherfornicator, he is a skinny kid with courage.
Also, what if when the game rages on and Link get's more aggressive, his look becomes strong and less whimsical. Nintendo seems to be going in the direction where the little things are indicators too. Just look at the stalfos battles. When you are fighting hard enough and winning, the ribs begin to break and the stalfo's back breaks.

Zeruda

Mother Hyrule
Hmmm... on the topic of "tights", you can also argue Robin Hood and Peter Pan. Besides, Zelda is medieval.... that sort of trend is typical and not at all out of place. Various male NPCs wear them, too. And really, they're more like leggings than tights if you want to be technical.

As far as Link's face, I feel it is very feminine. But that is fine. He is... only always very young, and at his oldest he's only been 17 (don't know age yet for Skyward Sword). Guys that age don't look gruff and burly, you know? He doesn't look any more feminine than before in Skyward Sword. The official art always makes him look a tad more rugged, but in-game, he ends up looking a little feminine. In TP, he probably looked the girliest (angie jolie lips, big pretty eyes, shakes his hips when he runs, scrawny as all heck), and yet the little girls were allll over him. So, he must've retained some masculinity. With Skyward Sword, he looks pretty much the same, just a soft cel-shading with minor adjustment to his outfit.

Hmmm... on the topic of "tights", you can also argue Robin Hood and Peter Pan. Besides, Zelda is medieval.... that sort of trend is typical and not at all out of place. Various male NPCs wear them, too. And really, they're more like leggings than tights if you want to be technical.

As far as Link's face, I feel it is very feminine. But that is fine. He is... only always very young, and at his oldest he's only been 17 (don't know age yet for Skyward Sword). Guys that age don't look gruff and burly, you know? He doesn't look any more feminine than before in Skyward Sword. The official art always makes him look a tad more rugged, but in-game, he ends up looking a little feminine. In TP, he probably looked the girliest (angie jolie lips, big pretty eyes, shakes his hips when he runs, scrawny as all heck), and yet the little girls were allll over him. So, he must've retained some masculinity. With Skyward Sword, he looks pretty much the same, just a soft cel-shading with minor adjustment to his outfit.
Agreed. He doesn't actually appear that much more feminine to me really. Just a softer design for Twilight Princess Link, IMO. Besides, what's wrong with an occasional feminine Link? We've seen so many incarnations of him, including Jack-*** Link from the cartoon. I don't think a slightly girlier version is that big a deal. Isn't that better than a little kid? We also know he's searching for a dear friend, so a softer more loving appearance fits that if it's going to be a consistent theme of the story.

Also, Link has worn tights before. Why is this a point of discussion? Besides, men wore tights in medieval times. They wore tights before women did I think.

Mr.Verto

爆発物マネージャ
Also, Link has worn tights before. Why is this a point of discussion? Besides, men wore tights in medieval times. They wore tights before women did I think.

But look in SS he wears sort of sky diving pants (sort of look like) and now he is able to run... perhaps he was unable before cause the pants were too tight LOL

disturbed42

I will win....eventually!
In TP, he probably looked the girliest (angie jolie lips, big pretty eyes, shakes his hips when he runs, scrawny as all heck)

Agreed. I think he looked his girliest in TP too. No doubt about it.
He still looks pretty girly in SS, but it's not bothersome (like it was for me in TP).
Although SS Link's lips are KILLING ME. They're like, 5 shades darker than his face and they stick out and ugh!! Change it!

Adult Link in OoT had some pretty nice muscles and Fierce Diety Link is just EPIC and BA.

Agreed. I think he looked his girliest in TP too. No doubt about it.
He still looks pretty girly in SS, but it's not bothersome (like it was for me in TP).
Although SS Link's lips are KILLING ME. They're like, 5 shades darker than his face and they stick out and ugh!! Change it!

Adult Link in OoT had some pretty nice muscles and Fierce Diety Link is just EPIC and BA.

Dude, some guys have dark lips. It's not girlish, it's just genetics. Also, Fierce Deity Link was about 9+ feet tall, so of course he was manly. Haha.

disturbed42

I will win....eventually!
Dude, some guys have dark lips. It's not girlish, it's just genetics.

I'm not saying that they're girlish. It's just the fact that his lips are dark and they jut out that bothers me. His lips don't look like they really go with the rest of his face. Or maybe I'm just being overly picky. Meh. Whatever.
I'm getting really picky with SS cause I'm extremely impatient and I can't wait for more information.
Hehe >.<

SheikahWarrior

Randomus Pervertus
Have you noticed that his voice is lower in SS? That's probably because he isn't wearing tights or tight pants so his ......um..... 'equipment' isn't being crushed :xd:

Beeker

Wild Card
Have you noticed that his voice is lower in SS? That's probably because he isn't wearing tights or tight pants so his ......um..... 'equipment' isn't being crushed :xd:

About his voice being lower, it could be because of age. After all, he is supposed to be the oldest Link we've seen.
Or it could be that.:lol: I've seen a lot of jokes about that.

The only thing I don't care too much for is the lips. IMO, Link's always looked a little feminine. It's because he still is a young man. Lots of those manlier features still need to develop.

Last edited:

SavageWizzrobe

Eating Link since 1987
Imo, SS Link looks practically the same as TP Link, who looks a lot like OoT Link. I've never seen Link as a manly guy per se (he'd rather obtain a strength upgrade than work out), but I find his lips do make him look as if he put on some make-up. Though I do think the lips should be toned down, I think he looks fine.

Raven

Former Hylian Knight
I always thought there was something lacking from his new appearance, the teaser art we saw so long ago gave me the impression that he would have wicked hair but this Link's hair is less defined and kind of blocky?? i dont know if thats the right word for it but it certainly not what i expected. However there may still be time for them to improve on Link's image. I just hope they decide to spend a bit of time on him before the game comes out. If they don't I will feel as though they could have made this Link better looking. The official art we saw at E3 of Link looks way cooler than the one from the demo. I think they should try and work toward making SS Link look more like the one in the picture below...

http://img341.imageshack.us/i/largehq.png/http://img341.imageshack.us/f/largehq.png/
(BIG BIG picture XD click 2 zoom!)

If they could get him to look like this than I would never doubt them again, but the Link that was playable doesn't resemble this picture very much. I'm a little worried.

SuperSilly

Horizon Walker
I think Nintendo said they were still improving the graphics at E3, so there might be a chance that character models would be improved by release as well. That aside...

I don't have a problem with the way Link looks in SS, and I didn't have a problem with the way he looked in TP or OoT either. I think it's because he is supposed to be hylian, and hylians seem to be based off of elves, who are sometimes seen as androgynous, so the more feminine side of his looks sort of make sense.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom