• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Is Link in "Twilight Princess" related to the Twili

The reason I ask or even purpose this therory is because in every game before "Twilight Princess" Link always had a reason to have the Triforce of Courage, in "Ocarina of Time" it is because Ganondorf indirectly gave said piece of the relic to Link by just touching it. The Hero of Twilight never was forced to collect it, nor was he alive when Ganondorf obtained it. Link, though he was forced to transform into the divine blue-eyed beast to quote-un-quote "survive the harsh conditions the twilight realm", we clearly see him walking in the Palace of Twilight in the true Twilight Realm, not artificial like the twilight covering Hyrule. We also know that twilight did cover Hyrule the people of light had one of to things happen to them, this evidence comes Zelda 'first visit' and Barnes 'listening to the spirits of Kakriko Villiage in a twilight covered hyrule', they either turn into spirits or shadow beasts. When Link finds out he us the chosen hero, it is only after he has already transformed. The game also never mention Link's parents at any point throughout the game, so who's to say the goddesses chose him because he was able to survive the harsh twilight realms conditions, unaware he was only able to do so because of his bloodline.

No, the Twili are a race that evolved from another race that was banished to the Twilight Realm long before the events of Ocarina of Time.

Jirohnagi

Braava Braava
Sorry but theres really no evidence to support this claim. Link from TP is a direct descendant of OOT Link his literal bloodlines so the Triforce of Courage came to him due to that and that in and of itself was the only reason he could resist the twilight, bear in mind he was actually turned into a wolf from it and no doubt would've turned into a twilight monster otherwise.

No, the Twili are a race that evolved from another race that was banished to the Twilight Realm long before the events of Ocarina of Time.

It was never stated exactly when the Interlopers were banished, but I like the Magic Bean Seller said:

Sorry but theres really no evidence to support this claim. Link from TP is a direct descendant of OOT Link his literal bloodlines so the Triforce of Courage came to him due to that and that in and of itself was the only reason he could resist the twilight, bear in mind he was actually turned into a wolf from it and no doubt would've turned into a twilight monster otherwise.

DekuNut

I play my drum for you
The game never said they evolved, but it did say they were sealed in there long ago. It happened before OoT because they were already in the realm when Ganondorf showed up. While it isn't impossible that he's descended from them, especially if it was insanely far back in time, but there's no proof for it.
I would like to propose a theory separate from MBS: while the Triforce kept him from being turned into a Shadow Beast or soulflame, it was instead the Shadow Crystal that let him traverse the Twilit Realm as a human. It has the ability to control Link's form in the real world, and I can imagine that, having mastered that power when gaining the Master Sword, the crystal was used to keep Link in his human form when traversing that final temple.

Thanks DekuNut, I was actually thinking the same thing. It would explain a lot of stuff that happened in the game.

Changed, evolved, adapted- call it what you will but that's what happened. The Twili aren't the same race that was banished from Hyrule. This is why, at first, Midna is unable to exist beyond a shadow in Hyrule that isn't covered in Twilight. So yes it is impossible for Link to have any kind of relationship to them. As for why Link can traverse the Twilight Realm without turning into a wolf: The twilight that began to cover Hyrule was a curse, dark magic by Zant. The Triforce of Courage protected Link from the curse by turning him into a divine beast. The Triforce of Wisdom protected Zelda by allowing her to keep her form. The Twilight Realm itself is just that, another realm, it's not inherently evil or a curse placed upon another land. So therefore upon entering Link wouldn't turn into a spirit and need protection of the ToC.

There isn't any evidence to support Link having a relationship to the Twili. Prior to Ganon's arrival, they didn't have any contact with anyone outside of the Twilight Realm.

YIGAhim

Sole Survivor
I don't think so. There is no real concrete evidence to support it, and there is certainly evidence against it. Anything left unexplained is probably a lack of attention to detail

Probably, this was just a crazy theory to begin with. Then again, unexplained details are what theories are made from. Take the origins of Majora's Mask and Who are the Ancent Ones, for example. So really, while highly improbable, if you believe in the Common Ancestor theory, you could say he is.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom