• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Spoiler IS LINK GOING TO PROPOSE!?!

SinkingBadges

The Quiet Man
It has already been said by others in this thread that she might be of a somewhat high position in Skyloft, but I have this other thing to add:

- Zelda is in no way a princess in the traditional sense

It implies that she has some sort of stature. Not to mention that the other guys from the "flying school" that Link goes to were already revealed to be on some sort of competition to take her for a fly. Link is the one that wins and that's how it is said to start.

Though, keep in mind that I don't remember perfectly how it went, as I'm taking this from an old update.

Katelynn

Flirtatously Flirty
You guys know that Link is 17, and Zelda is only 14-15 right? Getting married at that age is proposterous.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
You guys know that Link is 17, and Zelda is only 14-15 right? Getting married at that age is proposterous.
No it isn't. People were known to get married by the age of 12 back in the old days. Actually, marriage contracts could even be written by the age of 6, believe it or not.

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
He's just being a gentleman, and showing his respect.

That's what I think it is. As I've said a few times in the past, Nintendo would most likely never implement an outright "Link x Zelda" relationship. There are many fanboys/girls who would become enraged by this. Nintendo doesn't need angry emails from people this angry:

fma32-18-2.jpg

Last edited:

Heroine of Time

Rest in peace, Paris Caper...
Well, your theory is as good as anyone else's. XD I suppose that's a possibility! But with Link's way of speech (or lack thereof), I don't see how that could happen...

Maybe he's bowing in respect. Though one moment shown in the new trailer, in Link's POV shows Zelda turning towards him. Maybe it's supposed to be something to suggest more than friendship between the two, which I do like.

Lol how do you know? Have you ever been to Hyrule? Anyways, I actually thought that he WAS proposing the second I saw that... I'm still not convinced that he's NOT proposing...
I don't need to visit Hyrule to make an educated guess. Bowing to one knee and giving a ring is a somewhat Jewish tradition that wasn't absorbed by Europe until late in the 15th century. SS is a Japanese creation set in a pseudo Middle Ages country. I highly doubt the developers even thought the scene would be mistaken as a proposal. Seems more like a knighting ceremony to me. The authority reaches out a hand, asking for aid, and the subject kneels to show reverence and takes her hand to show loyalty. Considering that Zelda isn't a queen and has not the authority to officially knight someone, it does carry some romantic undertones.

Remember, kids, xenophobia is good!

In one of the games, it was said that 12-year-olds were once considered adults. Link may be well within his rights to get married at the age of 17. We don't know all that much about Skyloft culture yet, do we?

F

foundthebigkey

two words: hope so! (need more characters)

Last edited by a moderator:

EternalNocturne

Fluffy hair!
I said that first and nobody credited me....

How do you know you were the one who said that first? Somebody might have said it somewhere else and you might have never known about it. -_-;

Anyway, as big of a Link x Zelda fan I am, I seriously didn't think that Link was proposing to Zelda. Romance has never been a big thing for the series, so seeing Link and Zelda getting married is very awkward. The developers might have said that this Link is the oldest Link we've had so far, but Zelda definitely looks young. Plus, although it's true that people used to get married as early as 13 years old back then, not everybody knows that. Kids play Zelda games, and they will probably find it very weird for two teenagers to get married.

(...A small part of me wishes that this was true, though. ;_;)

Pen

The game is on!
Well, in one video Zelda is wearing a white dress, perhaps her wedding dress... No, in all honesty I really don't think that's the case. It's most likely just some way for Link of showing his respect, I guess.

Links Brother

I am Links older Brother!
I did notice this but I don't think so. If he was proposeing that would kind of make me feel like Nintendo is trying to make Zelda go out with a boom. What I mean is when a game or show has a big surprise like this it means that it is trying to make a big finale!! Could Zelda end!!

HylianPancake

The Pancake Pokemon
I was watching the new Skyward Sword trailer and I see Link kneeling down in front of Zelda. At the time, it's no biggy to me, being 7a.m., but while at school I made the connection. Kneeling down like that usually means either he's bowing down to royalty (which she isn't) or he's proposing. It just was really shocking to me when I realized this. What do you think. Will Link propose? Do you think Nintendo should have Link propose? How will Link propose if he can't talk? Please respond!

No, he's doing that out of respect. Remember, Link was bowing for her in Spirit Tracks. Even though she was royalty in Spirit Tracks and isn't in Skyward Sword, she obviously has some higher rank, which deserves respect, which Link is giving her.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom