• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

WW-Wii U Is Lenzo James Bond?

Cfrock

Keep it strong
Lenzo...

Just, Lenzo.
180px-Lenzo.png

Could this seemingly ordinary individual be hiding an exciting secret? Is it possible that this gentleman pictographer was, in fact, a secret agent?!

Let's look at the facts, shall we?

First off, let's consider Lenzo's fascination with pictographs. This is cutting-edge technology in the world of The Wind Waker, a world that, based off of its cannons, salvage equipment, bombs, ferris wheels, and robust postal service, is pretty much on par with the 19th century as far as tech goes. In fact, Lenzo invents the colour pictograph during the course of the game. Pretty handy with modern gadgets, isn't he? Up-to-date with the latest innovations, eh? He doesn't have to Q up for new devices, he gets them straight from the source, just like James Bond does.

The art of pictography is also notable here. Lenzo's been at it for years and gotten so good at it that he's developed into a life-long passion of his. Taking photos is par for the course of a spy. Gathering intelligence, recon, scouting out enemy positions and facilities, all of these are activities which could lead to an individual coming to appreciate photos as more than just ways to know what the enemy are up to. A man could fall in love with them forever if he'd seen how they can save the world!

Second, Lenzo's been all over the world. The Wind Waker's society is pretty isolated for the most part. The majority of people don't seem to leave their home islands, or don't stray too far if they do. But Lenzo, now, Lenzo has been everywhere. He's been to Outset and the Triangle Islands. He's been to Tingle Island and the Private Oasis. He's even seen the Ghost Ship and lived to tell the tale. And he's not just been to these places, ho no, he's gathered intel on them, too. You know who else goes all over the world and gathers intel? James Bond. Pretty sneaky, Lenzo.

Third, what's Lenzo's other hobby? "It is a hobby of mine to sneak up on people when they least expect it." Hmm, quite the curious hobby, there. Why would someone make a hobby of sneaking up on people? Almost certainly because their former job as a super secret spy involved a lot of sneaking around! He must have gotten really good at it for it to become "quite an amusing distraction", as he puts it.

Not convinced yet? OK then, what about how Lenzo sticks his nose into the business of everyone on Windfall? He always seems to be watching people, paying attention to the little details; a furtive glance here, and shiver of fright there. A keen eye for detail is one of a secret agent's most deadly weapons in the field. On top of his spying on his neighbours, Lenzo also likes to influence their lives, although he doesn't do this himself. Instead, he sends out a special agent to act for him, operating on intelligence gathered and accomplishing missions for the greater good of society. You know, the kind of stuff he's used to from his life as a spy.

And then there's this saucy minx:
110px-Minenco_Figurine.png

Oh, the gossip mill gets going on this one, I do say. Passion for pictography, or passion for pictographer? We all know what James Bond is like when it comes to ladies and it seems that Lenzo is keeping pace. He even mentions an old flame from Outset:
"It is the most delightful of fishing villages,
innocent and rich with nature's bounty...
It was there I met a beautiful young lass...

Although I suppose she is probably not
as young as she used to be these days...
"
Clearly the debonair Lenzo has had women all over the world, including Link's own grandmother (Is Link Lenzo's grandchild? Is that why he takes a shine to the boy so quickly? Tune in next time!). Lenzo and James Bond seem to be one and the same.

As a final note, what about those Legendary Pictographs? Lenzo just happens to have pictures of Jabun, Laruto, Fado, Ganondorf, and even King Daphnes?! Rii-iight, and pigs can operate a 747. Fado and Laruto only appear to Link to help awaken the sages, they don't just wander about in the world, catching some rays. Lenzo had to be there, hidden in the shadows, as Link was taught those 6/4 songs. How did Lenzo know where to find Jabun after the destruction of Greatfish Isle, and how did he get past the stone wall? That seems pretty fishy, to me. And the picture of Ganondorf in the Forsaken Fortress shows that Lenzo is a master of stealth and subterfuge. How else could he have gotten to the top without being spotted or killed? And how did he know about the King of Hyrule? In fact, how did he know about Hyrule at all, let alone go there and take a picture of the king?!

Because he's James Bond, that's why. I rest my case.

MW7

Who needs James Bond when you have Lenzo. I think you have made the case that Lenzo is a far better spy than James Bond could ever be. Anyway this is probably the best post I've ever read.

Big Octo

=^)
I've had this theory that, when Lenzo was doing one of his spying missions to take a legendary pictograph of Ganondorf, he was noticed and cursed with ugliness. Although he may be 007, his track record isn't entirely perfect.

Salem

SICK
Lenzo have been following you around all this time and he took the pictures when Link meet those characters... but why didn't we see him there? Because as Cfrock said... he's James Bond.... but in addition to that he's Lenzo.

Snow Queen

Mannceaux Signature Collection
I have to say I am impressed with this. I never took the time to really get into the characters in the wind water. Good show!

Mido

Version 1
Who needs James Bond when you have Lenzo. I think you have made the case that Lenzo is a far better spy than James Bond could ever be. Anyway this is probably the best post I've ever read.

I second this.

This is why Wind Waker stands as my favorite Zelda game, the NPC's are great!!!! :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom